Wednesday, January 11, 2017
In a trespass case filed against Anakapalli MLA Peela Govinda Satyanarayana by the Pendurthy police based on a complaint by one Rajesh Babu, the MLA while denying the land grab said that he (Rajesh Babu) filed the case only to defame him.
The MLA addressing the media said that he would file a defamation case against Rajesh Babu for Rs.1 crore shortly. He said that he had bought 2.5 acres of land from a person from Yanam in 1965 and Rajesh Babu had occupied 108 square yards of the land, he said. The said that he did not damage any wall or gate as alleged by the complainant.
Alleging that 108 square yards had been trespassed, the complainant went to court claiming that it was his land. But as the survey number showed that it was my land, the court on December 23, 2016 had granted status quo, he said. He also said that Rajesh Babu sent an e-mail complaint to the Chief Minister’s office and the same was forwarded to the Intelligence Department. ‘I have all the documents to prove by innocence’, he said. He also denied that he and his has threatened Rajesh Babu.
It may be recalled that a land grab case was registered against Anakapalle MLA Peela Govinda Satyanarayana at Pendurthy Police station on Tuesday. According to sources, aA resident of Pendurti reportedly lodged a complaint with the Police Commissioner T.Yoganand that some extent of his land had been trespassed by the MLA. Sources said that the complainant had a house in 300 yards at Pendurti junction and beside it, there was a two care open site belonging to the MLA. He trespassed and broke the gate and compound wall of his house claiming that the area came under his site. When approached, the MLA threatened him stated the complainant who is currently in Oman sent an e-mail to the Commissioner of Police. At present, his mother is residing in the house. A case was registered under IPC 447 and 506.