AndhraNews.net
   

Three persons die of diarrhoea-Collector take steps on war footing

Revision as of 07:39, 7 March 2018 by Kumar (Talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{Date| March 6, 2018| Guntur}} Three persons were dead following the outbreak of gastroenteritis in Old Guntur. According to sources, at least 50 cases have been reported...")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Guntur


Three persons were dead following the outbreak of gastroenteritis in Old Guntur.

According to sources, at least 50 cases have been reported and affected persons were being treated at government and private hospitals. Today, two women viz Bibi Jan from Anandapet and Fatimunnisa (56) of Vinobanagar died at the Government General Hospital. On Monday, Syed Sabina (28) a resident of Anandapet died after prolonged illness. All the three had shown symptoms of dehydration and were admitted to GGH in a critical condition.

Following the incidents, District Collector Kona Sridhar along with Municipal Commissioner Ch.Anuardha and DM&HO Yasmin conducted a door-to-door inspection of the houses and gave directions on measures to be taken on war footing. Ten medical camps have been started in the wards. ‘We have collected samples of water and are investigating for any contamination. We have also set up a special ward on the GGH premises’, said District Collector. He directed the GMC to start a control room with number 2345105 and make a doctor available round the clock. The Municipal Commissioner said chlorine content were 0.5 and 1.5ppm adding that water samples had been collected from 270 houses in the area.


Comment on this story