Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- AHMEDABAD- Hardik to depose on April 18:: A magistrate’s court here on Wednesday on Wednesday set April 18 as the date for deposition of Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel as a witness against the police personnel accused of excesses on members of Patel community. Hardik, who was brought here from Surat’s Lajpore Jail and produced before the additional metropolitan magistrate R.R.Dave sought more time to consult his lawyers and study the case. The court then scheduled his deposition for April 18.
- CHENNAI- Vijayakanth opts ‘Third Front’ in Tamil Nadu elections::Vijayakanth led party on Wednesday announced its alliance with People’s Welfare Alliance for the May 16 Assembly elections. The announcement not only puts an end to all speculation over Vijayakanth’s choice of alliance but also pitchforks him at the front’s chief ministerial candidate. The DMDK will contest in 124 Assembly constituencies leaving the PWA the other 110 seats according to a joint statement issued by DMDK and PWA which comprise of MDMK, CPI(M), CPI and VCK.
- DEHRADUN- Five MLAs to cross over to BJP:: Harish Rawat government that will face floor test in Uttarakhand Assembly on March 28, the BJP on Wednesday claimed at least five more MLAs form Congress led alliance are ready to jump over to its side sadi Chief Spokesman of the Pradesh BJP Munna Singh Chauha. Though he refused to disclose the names, Chauhan said they were both from the Congress and its ruling partner the six member Progressive Democratic Front – a conglomerate of Independents and political parties.
- MUMBAI- Indrani’s bail plea adjourned:: A special CBI court here on Wednesday adjourned the hearing on the bail application of Indrani Mukherjea, prime accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case till March 31. Indrani moved an application seeking bail on medical grounds saying that she was suffering from frequent blackouts. Her lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani argued that the statement of eight doctors panel submitted on February 21, was as per the medical report of January and not her subsequent deteriorating condition. Following the arguments, Judge H.S.Mahajan adjourned the hearing to March 31, 2016.
- NEW DELHI- Himachal Pradesh Chief Ministers Rs.8 crore assets attached:: The Enforcement Directors on Wednesday issued orders for attachment of assets of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhandra Singh worth over Rs.8 crore including a flat in a posh locality in connection with money laundering probe case against him and others. The ED has seized bank fixed deposits and two storeys of a building in South Delhi’s GK-I area.
- RAIPUR- NHRC steps in following scribe’s arrest:: The National Human Rights Commission on Wednesday sought a report from Chhattisgarh government on the arrest of a scribe in south Bastar district of Dantewada couple of days ago. NHRC issued notice to Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand and DGP A.N.Upadhyay seeking a reply on the arrest of Dantewada based journalist Prabhat Singh in two weeks’ time.
Comment on this story