Sunday, March 6, 2016
- A security alert has been raised in Gujarat and all metro cities of India following the tip from Pakistan's NSA that 10 terrorists from Pakistan were suspected to have entered India.
- The input from Pakistan's National Security Agency has specifically mentioned that the 10 militants beloing to Lashkar-e-Tayyaba (LeT) and Jaish-e-Mohammed. They could have entered Gujarat taking the sea route and could carry out a terror attack in Delhi on the occasion of Shivratri. The agencies also suspect that attack could be carried out in Delhi as the Parliament is in session.
- The national capital of New Delhi has been kept on high alert. Security has been stepped up at vital installations, iconic buildings, malls, hospitals, schools, colleges, markets and other crowded places in Delhi and NCR region. Patrolling has been intensified. DCPs have been briefed and asked to monitor the activities of elements with suspected terror links.
- Security has also been intensified in Gujarat and all leaves of all police personnel were canceled.
- Gujarat and Jammu and Kashmir were already put under high alert on the eve of Mahashivratri.
- Security is beefed up at the famous Somnath Temple and the district authorities of Gir-Somnath district have postponed cultural events at temple on Monday.
- The National Security Guard (NSG) has sent 120 commandos to Ahmedabad in Gujarat. They also kept other task forces on standby at its headquarters in Manesar, near Delhi.
- An abandoned boat was found in Gujarat on Thursday. Following this, the police chiefs of all States were asked to beef up security.
Comment on this story