Friday, July 7, 2017
Guidelines have been issued for filling of MBBS, BDS seats in private, unaided, minority medical colleges under management (B Category), NRI seats.
The Principal Secretary for Medical and Health Poonam Malakondaiah has issued the guidelines on Friday. A special committee has been formed for filling up of seats in management and NRI quota seats. Admission process would be held basing on the ranks obtained in NEET.
The committee that was formed will have one member from Private Medical Colleges management. At present, 50 per cent of the seats have to filled under convener quota, 35 per cent under management quota and 15 per cent under NRI quota. Those seats left unfilled in convener and management quota, the private medical colleges managements can convert them under NRI quota.
- The 35% management seats and 15% NRI seats have to be filled up based on the ranks obtained in NEET. The reservations will not be applicable to these 50% seats.
- Candidates from any State can get admission under this quota.
- The private medical colleges have to get the date, time and place of counselling invariably in two leading newspapers.
- The amount fixed up by the government has be to paid by means of draft in favour of ‘The Secretary, AP MDCME, Rajahmundry/Vijayawada.
- The candidate once get admission cannot shift over to another college.
- If the candidate gets counseling and did not join in that medical college can report for the second counselling else may lose the seat.
- The candidates should bring the original certificates for the counselling.
- Application fee once paid can not be returned.
- The committee appointed by the government will release NEET ranks list. The admission process should be done in accordance with the committee guidelines.
Comment on this story