- Gurajala:: VRO arrested in pattadar pass book case:: A Village Revenue Officer M.Koteswara Rao was arrested today in the Pattadar Pass Book issue case in Samadanampet in Gurajala mandal of Guntur district. So far, the Tehsildar Raghuram and Praveen Kumar were arrested in the case. The police has registered a case on the complaint given by RDO E.Murali on March 15 this year. During investigation, it was found that 51.58 acres of government land was illegally and in violation of rules, pattadar pass books were issued.
- Kurnool:: Proddatur rural SI suspended:: Kadapa SP P.H.D.Ramakrishna has issued orders placing Proddatur Rural Sub Inspector G.Md.Basha under suspension. The SI was suspended after an inquiry proved that he took a woman complainant to a lodge in Proddatur town according to a statement.
Narsipatnam:: Kalasa Prathista of the renovated Rama Sametha Satyanarayana Swamy:: Minister for Endowments P.Manikyala Rao and Minister for Roads and Buildings Ch.Ayyanna Patrudu participated in the ‘kalasa prathista’ of the reconstructed temple of Sri Rama Sametha Satyanarayana Swamy at Uttaravahini near Narsipatnam on Sunday. Ayyanna Patrudu said that an AC Kalyanamandapam would be constructed under the purview of the temple to perform mass marriages.
- Ongole:: Social forestry planters up in arms:: Farmers who took to social forestry plantations in a big way as an alternative to tobacco are on the warpath as paper mills breached the tripartite agreement reached at the behest of the government. Farmer cutting across party lines, at a round table on Sunday resolved to press the government’s intervention of the agreement.
- Vizianagaram:: Railway Minister lays foundation stone for two bridges:: Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu laid the foundation stone via a video link from Mumbai for a foot over bridge at B.C.Colony and a road under bridge at Gaadi Khana in the town on Sunday. The estimated cost of the bridges would be over Rs.5 crore
- Ranastalam (Srikakulam):: YSRCP backs victims of Nuclear Plant:: YSRCP high power committee member Tammineni Sitaram said that the party would be back the Kovvada Nuclear Plant victims. Speaking to the victims of Ramachandrapuram, Gudem, Kotapalem, Maruvada, Tekkali, Pataralapalli farmers that comes under the purview of the nuclear plant. He demanded the government to announce the compensation to the farmers.
Comment on this story