- New Delhi:: AP Non Political JAC extends support to YSRCP dharna:: AP Non-political JAC announced of its support to YSRCP dharna for achieving SCS and other issues as were mentioned in the AP Reorganization Act. The members of the AP Non-political JAC expressed their protest by begging on the Delhi streets.
- Vijayawada:: CPI(M) picks holes in Governor’s speech:: CPI(M) State secretary P.Madhu has said that Governor ESL Narasimhan’s address to the joint session of AP Legislature was replete with half truths and contained nothing about the government’s plan of action on getting the AP State Reorganization Act and Special Category Status. In a press release today, he said that the government’s claim of making untiring efforts in the last three years and nine months to get the promises made to the State to be fulfilled was nothing but cheating the people. He reminded that Chandrababu had in a midnight press conference welcomed the special financial package and now turned his tune to SCS.
- Vijayawada:: Left parties joins the chorus:: CPI State secretary K.Ramakrishna and CPI(M) secretary P.Madhu participated in the Maha Dharna along with their cadres to express solidarity with the YSRCP who is agitating for SCS. Ramakrishna said that Chandrababu should postpone the Assembly session and come to Delhi to fight for getting SCS. He said the MPs of the ruling TDP should also resign and join the agitation. Madhu recalled how Chandrababu lauded the special package given to the State in lieu of SCS.
- Vijayawada:: Assembly session to last up to March 28:: The budget session of the Assembly began with the Governor’s speech today. The Opposition YSRCP MLAs boycotted the session for the second consecutive time for the reason that the Speaker Kodela Sivaprasada Rao was not taking any action against the defected MLAs. The BAC decided that the session should be conducted for 17 days. With seven holidays in between, it will be conducted up to March 28.
- Vijayawada:: BJP is committed to development of the State:: BJP MLA P.Vishnu Kumar Raju said that BJP is committed to development of the State. He suggested the Chief Minister Chandrababu to comment on major issues like the SCS only after re-validating information furnished by his officers. Speaking to media, he said the misinformation campaign that SCS was provocative and it was not good to stoke passions in the name. Unfortunately, the people were being misled. BJP MLC Somu Veerraju said that his party would use both Council and Assembly to refute the State government’s allegations.
- Srikakulam:: Vamsadhara displaced meet District Collector:: The Vamsadhara displaced families led by CITU leaders had heated exchanges with District Collector K.Dhananjaya Reddy at the grievances cell today. They alleged that the district officials failed to provide facilities in new colonies constructed for them. Reacting to their remarks, the District Collector said that the displaced persons manhandled Hiramandalam Tehsildar Kali Prasad and such incidents would demoralize the officials who were striving hard to help the affected families.
Kurnool:: Farmers stage protest on highway:: Farmers staged a rasta roko on Kurnool-Guntur national highway in Nandikotkur town today asking the government to procure yellow pigeon peas through Rythu Seva Kendram in Nandikotkur market yard. The farmers squatted on the highway for nearly two hours alleging that MARKFED officials procuring the pigeon peas were not giving procurement letters to them. They raised slogans seeking concrete assurance form the officials concerned.
Comment on this story