Wednesday, April 20, 2016
- ANANTAPUR: Mini Secretariat inaugurated:: Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated the mini Secretariat building at Kadapa on Wednesday. The building, situated over 13.78 acres are estimated to have been built at a cost of Rs.67.30 crore. About 50 district level offices will be accommodated at the mini Secretariat building at the Collectorate. The project was sanctioned in 2008 and then Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy laid the foundation stone at an estimated cost of Rs.43.50 crore a sum that increased due to delays in completion of work.
- GUNTUR: No water for 189 villages:: There is no drinking water supply to 189 villages and the Guntur district administration is trying to organize it through tankers. The problem has worsened due to the drying of water tanks. 4.5 tmc ft of water was released from Nagarjunasagar canal but it failed to fill the ponds and the people re demanding more water to be released from the project at least for drinking water purposes. Summer will be acute for the next 40 days and water ponds not filling up is worrying the people and officials. There are 238 water ponds for drinking water purposes in Guntur district which only 73 got 90 per cent water, 78 filled 75 per cent below 50 to 25 per cent and not water filled in 29 ponds. The officials asked the government to release at least 8 tmc ft of water.
- HYDERABAD: Agriculture university student sustained lathicharge injuries turned serious:: Tension prevailed in Prof. Jaya Shankar Agriculture University following the arrival Telangana .Agriculture Minister Pocharam Srinivasa Reddy to the university. Police used lathi charge to disperse the students in which one fourth year student Rakesh sustained injuries. The students were demanding withdrawal of GO.No.45 and recruitment of Veterinary doctors through departmental examinations and seized the minister in the meeting hall. Rakesh was shifted to Care Hospital following his condition turned to be serious.
- HYDCOP released: The mobile app HYDCOP was formally released by Telangana DGP Anurag Sharma on Monday at the Hyderabad Commissionerate Office. He said that field level policemen will receive real time intelligence feeds through the new app. Incident management, one of the options in the app helps police who reach the spot after an incident send alerts to all nearby police officers. Details of the incident, be it in the form of photos, videos or voice notes can be sent to the officers by uploading them, he said. All data like Aadhaar card, elector’s photo identity card and PAN cards would be linked so that verification can be done on the spot.
- By-election to the Palair Assembly:: The Election Commission of India has announced that by-election to the Palair Assembly constituency in Khammam district will be held on May 16 and the model code of conduct will be in force immediately. The gazette notification will be issued on April 22 and last date for filing nominations will be April 29. Scrutiny of nominations will be taken up on April 30 and last date for withdrawal of nominations is May 2. Counting of votes will be taken up on May 19.
- Rescheduling of trains: Due to launching of RCC box works in lieu of Unmanned Level Crossing no. 152 on Secunderabad-Dhone section and Unmanned Level Crossing no. 158 on Secunderabad-Mudkhed section of Hyderabad Division on 24th& 29th April, 2016, the following trains will be rescheduled/regulated as 24th April, 2016. The rescheduling of Train No. 57326 Guntur- Kacheguda Passenger scheduled to depart Guntur at 05:15 hrs will be rescheduled to depart at 07:45 hrs.and Train No. 57425 Kacheguda-Guntakal Passenger scheduled to depart Kacheguda at 09:40 hrs will be rescheduled to depart at 11:10 hrs
- RAJAMAHENDRAVARAM: Rainwater harvesting::Adikavi Nannayya university Vice Chancellor Prof. M.Mutyalulu Naidu has announced that he along with the Registrar Prof.E.N.Dhanamjaya Rao have decided to ask all the 436 affiliated colleges to have rainwater harvesting schemes in their respective colleges form this academic year. Speaking to press after inaugurating rainwater harvesting and water conservation programme on the university campus, he said that air, water and nature were precious and there would be no future to people if these were harmed.
- TIRUPATI: IISER elated at Cabinet nod:: The Cabinet has given its nod for the commencement of the academic session at the Indian Institute of Sciences Education and Research, Tirupati. The Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the functioning of IISER on its temporary campus for the first three years. It may be recalled that the institute of national repute is functioning at Sree Rama Engineering College s its transit campus. Tirupati became the sixth city in the country to get an IISER, after Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhopal, Kolkata and Mohali.
- VISAKHAPATNAM: PECET-2016- Last date extended: The last date for submitting applications for AP Physical Education Common Entrance Test (PECET-2016) without fine has been extended up to May 25 according to convener Y.Kishore. The details can be had on the website www.appecet.org.in.
- VIZIANAGARAM : Bobbili MLA Sujay Krishna Rao joins TDP:: YSRCP Bobbili MLA R.V.Sujay Krishna Ranga Rao along with his brother R.Sweta Chalapati Ranga Rao popularly known as Baby Nayina and R.Ramakrishna Rao and their followers joined TDP in presence of party national president N.Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday.
- VIJAYAWADA: Speed up Gannavaram airport terminal works’, says Ashok Gajapati Raju:: Union Minister for Civil Aviation P.Ashok Gajapati Raju on Wednesday inspected the work sites of the new interim airport terminal building and parking bays. He wanted the construction agencies and the officials to speed up the work and complete it before the Pushkarams. He directed the Airport Director G.Madhusudana Rao to review the works on a weekly basis and submit him the reports. Ashok Gajapati Raju directed the District Collector Babu A. to complete the land acquisition process at the earliest so that runway extension works could be taken up.
- Another deer falls prey to hunters:: A one and half year old male sambar deer which survived the attack by some local people died on Wednesday evening while undergoing treatment at the veterinary hospital at Mylavaram in Krishna district. According to a team of forest task force, the deer was attacked with axes after it ventured out of the forest in search of water on Tuesday. District Forest Officer said that the deer was taken to the veterinary hospital where the doctors attended on it and made arrangements to shit it to the Animal Rescue Centre, Tirupati but died. A case was registered and two special teams were deployed to nab the hunters, said the DFO.
- Telugu doctor gets award:: US based Telugu doctor Aravind Cherukuri has been selected by the Canadian Transplantation Society for its ‘Young Investigator Scientific Award’. The award will be presented to him for his work on prediction of kidney rejection using a noval blood test before it is diagnosed on a biopsy and planning appropriate treatment. The award that includes a cash award of $2,000 would be presented to him at Hong Kong on April 22. He hails from Upalapadu in Guntur district and did his MBBS at Guntur Medical College and specialized in renal transplantation at the University of Leeds in the U.K. He is currently doing research at the Thomas E.Strazi Transplantation Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Chandrababu Naidu celebrates 66th birthday::AP Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu celebrated his 66th birthday along with TDP leaders, MLAs and Ministers. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Governor E.S.L.Narasimhan also telephoned to convey their greetings to Chandrababu. Priests from TTD came to Chandrababu residence to offer him blessings and prasadam. He visited Durga temple where he handed over three kilogram silver ornaments which was presented to the temple by MLC Budda Venkanna.
Comment on this story