- Amaravati:: Notification for Legislative Council Deputy Chairman::A notification will be issued today for the election of Deputy Chairman of AP Legislative Council. The present term of Deputy Chairman Satish Reddy completed resulting for the conduct of the election .
- Amaravati:: Houses constructed less than 100 sft of government land by BPL families to be regularized:: The State government has decided to regularize the houses constructed on its lands (which are not objectionable) will be regularized. This was earlier permitted to cities and towns and now extending the facility to rural and villages. The Revenue department has issued orders to this effect.
- Amaravati:: Chief Minister writes for extension of time for TV digitalization:: Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu has written a letter to Union Minister for Urban Development M.Venkaiah Naidu to extend the last at for digitalization of TV by December 31, 2017. The deadline given ends on March 31 but was extended for anther three months.
- Guntur:: Venkatesh assumes as ED of Tobacco Board:: T.Venkatesh, an IAS officer of the 1988 batch of UP cadre assumed charge as Executive Director of the Tobacco Board on Thursday. He worked as Chief Electoral Officer of Uttar Pradesh, Secretary, Tobacco Board. The appointment has come at a time when uncertainty is prevailing over changes in the administrative structure.
Rajamahendravaram:: 13 swine flu cases reported:: As many 13 13 swine flu cases were reported in East Godavari in the last two days. The Health Department was asked to take steps to check its spread. According to A.P.Vaidya Vidhana Parishat district co-ordinator Ramesh Kishore, 10 cases were reported on Wednesday from Ravulapalem and Rajamahendravaram and three from Ravulapalem on Thursday.
- Srikakulam:: Land acquisition for Kovvada Nuclear plant will continue:: The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited has decided to go ahead with the land acquisition process for the Kovvada nuclear power plant in spite of the developments in the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Westinghouse, the US nuclear wing of Japanese nuclear major Toshiba which filed for bankruptcy was expected to construct India’s biggest atomic plant in Kovvada of Ranasthalam in Srikakulam district.
- Hyderabad:: Acting CJ inaugurates first digital library:: The High Court acting Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan and senior advocate V.Ramasubramanian has inaugurated the first digital library website. This was brought into existence with the cooperation of AP, Telangana Advocates associations. With this, the legal professional and common men can get the copies of the judgements of the High Court and Supreme Court for free of cost from the library. The High Court has given Rs.17.44 lakhs while Rajya Sabha Member K.V.P.Ramahandra Rao has given Rs.5 lakhs, Rs.1 lakh by Chittarapu Suryanarayna Rao and Chittarapu Nageswara Rao Rs.1 lakh as donation.
Comment on this story