Saturday, December 31, 2016
General studies and mental ability (objective type)
- 1. Events of National and International importance
- 2. Current affairs-International, National and Regional
- 3. General Science and its applications to the day to day life and Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and Information Technology
- 4. Geography – World, National and Andhra Pradesh
- 5. History of India Ancient, Medieval Modern socio-cultural, Economic and political affairs with special emphasis on Indian National Movement
- 6. Indian Polity and Governance: Constitutional issues, public policy formulation and implementation, Governance Reforms and e-governance initiatives.
- 7. Economic development in India since Independence-role of planning; Planning Commission, Niti Ayog, India’s economic problems such as poverty and unemployment, agrarian crisis, irrigation and water, sustainable development, inflation and balance of payments, growth with stability, growth with Social justice.
- 8. Centre State relations, Finance Commission, sharing of Resources between Centre and States-Decentralization.
- 9. India’s Economic reforms Banking, Financial, trade and social sector; New challenges in a Globalized context-Global competition, Financial market instabilities, FDI flows, GST etc.,
- 10. Environmental degradation and challenges – Sustainable Development and Environment Protection.
- 11. Disaster Management; Vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies Application of remote sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- 12. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- 13. Data Analysis:
- a. Tabulation of data
- b. Visual representation of data
- c. Basic data analysis, Summary Statistics such as mean and variance coefficient of variation etc., and Interpretation.
- 14. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political and legal implications/problems including
- a. Loss of capital city, challenges in building new capital and its financial implications.
- b. Division and rebuilding of common intuitions
- c. Division of employees, their relocation and nativity issues
- d. Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs
- e. Implications to financial resources of state government
- f. Task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments
- g. Socio-economic, cultural and demographic impact of bifurcation
- h. Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues
- i. AP Reorganization Act, 2014 and the arbitrariness of certain provisions.
Comment on this story