Wednesday, December 23, 2015
- The main opposition party YSR Congress has moved a no-trust motion against Legislative Assembly speaker Kodela Sivaprasada Rao.
- A delegation of YSR Congress MLAs led by legislature party secretary Sujaya Krishna Ranga Rao served the no-confidence notice on the Speaker. The notice is submitted to Legislature Secretary K Satyanarayana Rao as the Speaker was not in the office.
- YSR Congress is confident that they have enough strength to ensure that a debate on the no-confidence motion will be allowed in the House.
- YSR Congress has been alleging that the Assembly Speaker Kodela Sivaprasada Rao has been ignoring the interests of all the members in the House and instead behaving like a Telugu Desam Party member.
- The party has alleged that the Speaker has not allowed the Leader of the Opposition Jagan Mohan Reddy to raise issues of public importance such as call money racket.
- The Speaker has also targeted YSRC MLA RK Roja for insisting a debate on the call money scandal, YSRC alleged.
- The party also took strong objection of selected leaks of the proceedings in the Assembly. The delegation questioned as to how the select video tapes were given to the TDP members.
- YSRC is hoping that the debate on the no-confidence motion will be allowed within two weeks.
Comment on this story