Wednesday, December 23, 2015
- Senior politician and former Minister Konathala Ramakrishna joining the Telugu Desam Party is a win-win situation for both the politician and the TDP party.
- With Konathala Ramakrishna joining the TDP, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu will gain the presence of a leader with a considerable following in north coastal Andhra districts.
- The situation will also help weaken the anti-bauxite agitation in the Visakhapatnam Agency area.
- Konathala Ramakrishna is a former Minister and is a close-confidant of former Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy and later his son Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- Ramakrishna quit the YSR Congress after the 2014 elections. Though he received an offer from the Bharatiya Janata Party, he hasn't joined the party. Konathala has stayed away from active politics since then.
- However, the entry of Konathala to TDP is not liked by everyone. TDP leader and HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao and TDP MLA Bandaru Satyanarayan Murthy are not favoring Konathala joining the party.
- Panchayat Raj Minister Ch Ayyanna Patrudu is said to be the man behind the move of Konathala Ramakrishna and former Congress leader Gandi Babji into the party.
Comment on this story