Wednesday, February 15, 2017
With the President Pranab Mukherjee has signed the Warrants of Appointment on Wednesday appointing five new judges to Supreme Court of India, the total number had gone to 28.
The newly appointed judges are ::
- Madras High Court Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul:: Sanjay Kishan Kaul He assumed charge as the Chief Justice of Madras High Court on 26 July 2014. He was the Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court before and also worked as judge at Delhi High Court. A native of Srinagar, Justice Sanjay Kishan was born on 26 December 1958. Kaul hails from the Dattatreya Kauls of Srinagar. His great-great grandfather Raja Suraj Kishan Kaul was the Revenue minister in the Regency council. His great grandfather Sir Daya Kishan Kaul was a statesman & a diplomat & served as the finance minister in Jammu & Kashmir. His grandfather Raja Upinder Kishen Kaul had a career in public service & his brother Neeraj Kishan Kaul was also a Judge of Delhi High court. After schooling in Modern School, New Delhi, he graduated in Economics (Hons.) in St. Stephen's College, Delhi and law in Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi in 1982.
- Rajasthan HC Chief Justice Naveen Sinha:: Justic Navin Sinha is the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court. He was born on 19 August 1958. After completing a bachelor's degree in arts, he obtained LL.B. degree. Sinha joined bar on 26 July 1979 and practised for 23 years primarily at Patna High Court and specialised in civil, constitutional, labour, service, commercial, company, criminal laws. He was elevated as a judge there. He was made a permanent judge of Patna High Court on 4 February 2004. He was transferred to Chhattisgarh High Court on 9 July 2014. Justice Navin Sinha was sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court on May 14, 2016.
- Kerala HC Chief Justice Mohan M Shantanagouder:: Mohan Mallikarjunagouda Shantanagoudar was born 5 May 1958 in Chikkerur, Haveri District, Karnataka. He is currently the Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court. He initially practiced at the Karnataka High Court as an advocate, later appointed as the Additional Judge in 2003, and elevated as a permanent judge of the Karnataka High Court on 29 September 2004. He was appointed as the acting chief justice of the Kerala High Court on 01 August 2016.
- Chhattisgarh HC Chief Justice Dipak Gupta::Justice Dipak Gupta was born on 7th May, 1955 in Nurpur in Kangra District in a family of lawyers. His father late Sh. M. R. Gupta was a leading Advocate of Shimla, who practiced at the Himachal Bench of the Delhi High Court. Continuing the family tradition, His got Law degree from the Delhi University in 1978 and started practicing in the High Court of Himachal Pradesh from 1978 and continued till 2004. During this period he handled various types of cases relating to Constitutional, Civil, Corporate and Insurance matters. Remained the standing counsel of Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation, Himachal Pradesh Housing Board and New India Assurance Companies in the High Court. Also remained Secretary, H.P. High Court Bar Association in 1982-83, Vice President in 1993-94 and the President in 2002-03. Elevated as Judge of the High Court of Himachal Pradesh and administered the oath of office on 4th of October, 2004. His remained Acting Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court twice, i.e. from 03.06.2007 to 10.07.2007 and thereafter from 24.11.2007 to 09.12.2007. Justice Gupta headed the Green Bench in the High Court of Himachal Pradesh. His has delivered a number of landmark judgments on issues relating to protection of Environment and Ecology, Taxation, Criminal Cases, Civil matters etc.
- Karnataka HC judge S Abdul Nazeer:::Hon'ble Mr. Justice S.Abdul Nazeer: Born on 05.01.1958. Enrolled as an Advocate on 18.02.1983. Practised in the High Court of Karnataka. Appointed as an Additional Judge of the Karnataka High Court on 12.05.2003 and as a Permanent Judge on 24/09/2004.
Comment on this story