Thursday, January 26, 2017
- In Visakhapatnam, the police seized the escort vehicle of YSRCP president Jagan Mohan Reddy at Lankelapalem in the district that is coming from Hyderabad to Visakhapatnam. Four vehicles were sent to Parawada Police Station.
- Former MLC Suryanarayana Raju vehicle was obstructed by the police. The MLA sat in the car by locking it inside.
- YSRCP students leaders were taken into custody at S.V.University. 30 students were taken into custody.
- In Chittoor Section 30 imposed in view of agitations for Special Category Status by YSRCP supported by other political parties. Police impose prohibitory orders in the city for conducting rallies and public meetings.
- In Visakhapatnam, police impose restrictions in the city. All roads to RK Beach were cordoned off by the police. Heavy police force has been deployed.
- In Tirupati, Section 30 and Section 144 was in force. YSRCP leader Peddi Reddy and Mithun Reddy were house arrested. Heavy police force have been posted.
- YSRCP leader Vasmsi along with others were house arrested in Visakhapatnam.
- Students in large number assembled at VUDA park. Police attempts to disburse them and some of them were taken into custody. Emergency like situation prevails in Visakhapatnam.
- Kakinada:: Police foil ‘Andhra Yuvatha’ planned rally:: The police have foiled the bid of the students of JNTU-K and YSRCP activists under the banner Andhra Yuvatha that planned to take out a rally from their campus. However, students divided themselves into groups. One group went to the rear side of the campus and started a rally from D-Mart from where they planned to reach Bhanugudi Centre and the police foiled their attempts. When the students tried to break police security, they were anned mildly in which a student was injured and 50 students were taken into custody.
- Tuni:: MLA Daisetty Raja was taken into preventive custody in the morning as he left for Tandava bridge where he wanted to hold a rasta roko which would stop traffic between Payakaraopeta and Tuni.
- Rajamahendravaram: The police did not allow candle light rally by former MLA Rowthu Suryaprakasa Rao, former MLC Kandula Durgesh and Deputy Floor leader M.Sharmila Reddy near Pushara Ghat.
- Amalapuram: Police took few youth leaders into custody on Wednesday night itself.
- Srikakulam:: Police took CPI(M) State secretary P.Madhu, former Minister and YSRCP high power committee member Tammineni Sitaram, CPI(M) leader Chowdary Tejaswara Rao into custody.
Comment on this story