Wednesday, August 30, 2017
A private bus carrying 45 passengers on board bound to Vijayawada caught fire in the Konakanamitla police limits in Prakasam district on Wednesday.
According to sources, the ill-fated air-conditioned bus from Badvel town in Kadapa carrying 45 passengers travelling escaped unhurt. Police sources said that the bus driver stopped the bus on noticing some and the passengers rushed out of the burning bus leaving their belongings in the vehicle. Electrical short-circuit is suspected to have caused the mishap. Fire tenders fought for over two hours to bring down the flames.
RTA officials rushed to the spot and began a probe on the accident. It may be recalled that on Tuesday, over 50 passengers had a narrow escape when an APSRTC bus went up in flames following a suspected leakage of gas.