Thursday, February 9, 2017
After the demise of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa, the battle for the Chief Minister’s post has begun with the clear drawn battle lines in the AIADMK with the Chief Minister O.Panneselvam (OPS), the Sasikala camp.
Sasikala, aspiring for the post of Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu claimed the support of the majority of MLAs on late Wednesday number over 125 herded to a luxury resort near Marakkanam. Her camp initially herded its MLAs on three air-conditioned luxury buses to the house of Public Works Department Minister Edappadi K.Palaniswami on Greenways Road and in the evening they were taken to Chennai airport to be flown to New Delhi. They were before boarding the flights, they were asked to return after they came to know that Governor Ch.Vidyasagar Rao would be returning to Chennai from Mumbai on Thursday evening.
Meanwhile, OPS declared that he would prove his majority on the floor of the Assembly. Though popular sentiment appeared to be in his favour as on Wednesday, he found the backing of only five MLAs, a Rajya Sabha MP and some former ministers and functionaries. He said that he would institute a judicial inquiry headed by a sitting judge of the Madras High Court to probe the treatment administered to former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
- OPS has announced that he was forced to tender resignation for the Chief Minister’s post. He revolted against Sasikala taking a clue to order an inquiry on the death of Amma. Sasikala immediately suspended him from the post of party treasurer for which reacting the decision, OPS said that she has no right to suspend him from the party and added that he would continue. He has written to the banks not to allow transactions without his notice.
- Dramatic political turns takes its course
- Tamil Nadu politics has been taking a new turn by every minute with the both Sasikala wing and OPS wing waiting for the arrival of Governor Ch.Vidayasagar Rao. A clarity will come today after the arrival of Governor.
- On one side Sasikala claims to have majority of the MLAs support, OPS claims to have 45 MLAs support. Sources said that there is every chance that the governor will give a chance to OPS first as the both sought Governor’s appointment to prove their majority.
- Sources said in the prevailing situation, it is worth interesting whether Governor gives a chance to OPS first to prove his majority or invite Sasikala to form the government or will refer the same to the President to impose President Rule in the State? It is expected that a clarity will come today after the arrival of Governor Vidayasagar Rao.
- Sasikala to meet Governor at 5pm along with AIADMK MLAs to ask him to invite her to form the government.
- After meeting OPS speaking to media said that good news is in store.
- AIADMK general secretary VK Sasikala likely to go to Jayalalithaa memorial before heading to Raj Bhavan. Ms. Sasikala is likely to meet the Governor at 7.30 p.m. Women cadres asked to go to Marina.
Comment on this story