Nara Lokesh is the Minister for Panchayat Raj, Rural Development, IT & Communications in Andhra Pradesh State Government. He is a member of the Andhra Pradesh State Cabinet, a Member of Legislative Council and the son of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu.
In The News
- April 11: Promises of one lakh new IT jobs for the youth in the state within a couple of years. Five lakh jobs would also be created in the manufacturing sectors, electronics etc. Says the Government will be promoting manufacturing units will be established in the Rayalaseema region and places like Amaravati, Visakhapatnam and Tirupati for setting up several IT centres.
- April 9: Moves to the newly bunglow at Jubilee Hills along with his father Chandrababu Naidu, mother Bhuvaneshwari, wife Nara Brahmani and son Nara Devansh.
- April 7: Assumes his office at the fifth block of the Secretariat at Velagapudi in Amaravati. Signs on documents of a file that will benefit thirty lakh families under National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA). Another file he signed on the occassion is related to providing LED bulbs in all villages. The State government provided LED bulbs in 450 villages so far and planning to cover the remaining 12,900 village in three years.
- April 4: Inspects his chambers in the IInd block of the Interim Government Complex (IGC) at Velagapudi. Takes part in review meeting organised by CM Chandrababu Naidu. Directs officials to release the Rs 530 crore funds that are yet to be paid under MGNREGA funds for the effective implementation of the scheme. Brand ambassadors for the MGNREGA scheme to be appointed shortly. Wages of AP State Employment Guarantee Council members to be hiked by 50 per cent. As many as 75 mini stadiums in Rural areas will be built at an estimated cost of Rs 2 crore for which funding will come jointly shared by MGNREGA and Sports Authority.
- April 3: Allotted the portfolios of Panchayat Raj, Rural Development, IT & Communications in Andhra Pradesh State Government.
- April 2: Inducted into the State Cabinet during the April 2017 expansion of State Government Cabinet
- March 31, 2017: Media reports say that Nara Chandrababu Naidu is likely to induct Nara Lokesh to the Cabinet on April 2.
- March 30, 2017: Lokesh takes oath as a Member of the Legislative Council at Velagapudi
Nara Brahmani is the wife of Nara Lokesh. Some sections in unverified media sources speculated that Brahmani has pressurized Chandrababu Naidu in making Lokesh an MLC and a Minister in no time.
Comment on this story