Saturday, February 13, 2016
The fourth accused in the sensational cash-for-vote scam registered in June 2015, the ACB officials have on Saturday served notice to him to appear before them within a week for questioning.
The notice was served to him at his residence at Gandhinagar in Uppal. The accused initially refused to take the notice claiming that he had already moved to High Court to quash the FIR issued against him in the case. The ACB officials contended that he can receive the notice and it wouldn’t come in the way of the quash petition he had filed. However, he received the notice finally. The notice was served u/s 160 of CrPC. The officials said in the notice that he can bring is lawyer while appearing before the investigating officer. He would not be arrested since the High Court has passed an order in the regard.
Speaking to media, Mathaiah said that he would not appear before the ACB as he had secured an order from High Court. It may be recalled that the ACB has registered a criminal case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Section 120-B of IPC after Revanth Reddy was caught red-handed while offering Rs.50 lakhs bribe to Elvis Stephenson to vote the TDP contestant in MLC elections held in June 2015.