Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Andhra Pradesh State Cabinet has given its nod for new Sand Policy which will come into force from February 1, 2016.
The State Cabinet meeting held under Chairmanship of Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu here has taken decision in various issues. Information and Public Relations Minister Palle Raghunath Reddy announced of the same to the media.
Palle Raghunath Reddy said that a Cabinet Sub-committee will be formed to form modalities of the new sand policy. The Finance Minister will head the committee while the Minister for mines, labour and irrigation will be the members. The sub-Committee will study the sand policy and recommend a new one to the government. Availability of sand and local situation will be taken into consideration for fixing up of the price. The sand reaches will be identified and will be given one year lease. The Government will appoint committees at the district level with the Joint Collector as Chairman, ZP CEO as vice-chairman, Mining AD as convenor.
- NTR Medical tests scheme will be implemented from January 1, 2016 in all government headquarter hospitals. The scheme will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister at 4pm on January 1 at Eluru. The scheme will be implemented from January 15 in all community hospitals while from January 31 in all primary health centres.
- Talli Biddi Express scheme: Under this, pregnant women who gives birth in government hospitals, the hospital authorities will make arrangements for dropping the mother and child at her residence. A Call Centre with No.102 has been established.
- Cabinet approved for appointment of OSD at AP Bhavan in Delhi with a year term.
- 50 Girijan hostels will be converted into Girijan Residential schools and approved for filling up of 600 posts in 50 Girijan Social Welfare Schools that includes 450 teaching and 150 non-teaching staff.
- Approved to fix LED lights in 659 Gram Panchayats replacing 3.5 lakh ordinary bulbs.
- Amendments to be made under 1956 Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act sub-seciton 4 under section 18. With this, in the event of divorce, the maintenance of divorced wife has to be borne by her husband.
- The wages of Anganwadi workers have been enhanced to Rs.7,000 from Rs.4,200, Mini workers to Rs.4,500 from Rs.2,950, Helpers to Rs.4,500 from Rs.2,200.
- Cabinet has allotted 17.78 acres of land at Nelatooru in Muttukkuru mandal of Nellore for construction of mini stadium and 11.54 acres at Toderu in Podalkuru mandal.
Comment on this story