Wednesday, December 23, 2015
- Andhra Pradesh has won the bid to host the National Games in 2019 as its bid was won unanimously.
- Andhra was allotted the event as the other contender Meghalaya, withdrew from the race after a series of confabulations with Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra Pradesh has submitted a bid of amount Rs. 5 crore. The bid was unanimously supported by the 2000 members that were present at the meeting.
- Soon after the event was allotted at the 37th executive committee meeting association held at Guwahati on Wednesday, Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh Vice-Chairman and Managing Director Rekha Rani, Chairman PR Mohan, Andhra Pradesh Olympic secretary Purushotham submitted the bid amount of Rs. 50 lakh to the IOA Secretary General. The rest of the bid amount will be submitted in a few days.
- According to SAAP director B Hanumantha Rao, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu was planning to host the event at the new capital Amaravati.
- Secretary of AP Table Tennis Association SM Sultan said hosting the 2019 National Games will help develop the infrastructure of stadiums in Andhra Pradesh.
- All the 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh will get some quality sporting facilities, felt Badminton Association of India secretary (events) K Ch Punnaiah Chowdary.
Comment on this story