Monday, December 7, 2015
17,128 teacher posts vacant in the State
- Union Minister for HRD Smurti Irani said that there were 17,128 teacher vacancies in Andhra Pradesh and 13,049 in Telangana State in primary and higher education levels. She announced of the same while replying a written reply to a question posed by TRS Floor leader Jithender Reddy in Lok Sabha. She said that 13,056 posts in Andhra Pradesh and 10,412 in Telangana State as on August 31, 2015 in primary teacher vacancies and said that on higher education level, there are 3,622 in Andhra Pradesh and 2,637 in Telangana State teacher posts are vacant.
Telangana MLC elections
Telangana Rashtra Samithi announces seven candidates
TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao announced seven names for MLCs under local body constituencies.
- Dr. Rekulapally Bhupati Reddy – (Nizamabad)
- Balasani Lakshminarayana – Khamma
- T. Bhanu Prasad – Karimnagar
- Narasadu Laxmana Rao – Karimnagar
- Bhupal Reddy – Medak
- Puranam Satish – Medak
- T.Chinnapa Reddy – Nalgonda
AP Assembly session from December 17 to 22
- Andhra Pradesh State Assembly Speaker Dr.Kodela Sivaprasada Rao said on Monday that the winter session will be held for five days with the State Government giving its nod and the Governor E.S.L.Narasimhan is expected to give his permission. He appealed to the Opposition to make use of the session and dismissed the notion that it was ‘too short’ stating ‘if you utilize the time properly, it will be sufficient’. He said there were precedents before where short sessions were held.
Projects worth Rs.250 crore taken up at Narasaraopeta
- As part of Municipality’s centenary celebrations, works like road widening, sewer lines, road under bridges, construction of toilets, improvement of graveyards of different communities and others estimated to cost Rs.250 crore are being taken up. Three day festivities are being planned from December 11 to December 13. Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu will be the chief guest while the Union Minister for Urban Development M.Venkaiah Naidu will be the main guest on the second day along with other Union Ministers like P.Ashok Gajapati Raju and Sujana Chowdary. Governor ESL Narasimhan will grace the occasion for the valedictory function.
DEO suspends two teachers
- District Educational Officer Devananda Reddy today suspended two teachers at Rajam of the district. V.Rammurthy Naidu was suspended for their alleged misbehavior with a IX class girl student. Murali, a teacher of Gopalapuram Primary School Murali was suspended on the charges of irregularity in attending duties.
Israel Counsul-General to attend VCCI meeting
- Vizagapatam Chamber of Commerce and Industry will conduct an interactive session with Israel Counsul General for Trade and Economic Affairs Avi Friedman on December 10. He will also showcase investment/partnership opportunities in Israel. A VCCI spokesman said that the meeting would discuss the opportunities available for investment in Andhra Pradesh in general and Visakhapatnam in particular. Those interested in participating by calling Ramakrishna on 9989601399 and on e-mail email@example.com.
Congress slams on white paper on bauxite
- The Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee issued a factual report on bauxite mining in Visakha Agency on Monday. The report said that Chandrababu Naidu withdraw GO.No.97 that is kept in abeyance in the face of protests. He need not even regret for issuing it but must respect the feelings of Girijans and environmentalists, said APCC general secretary N.Raghuveera Reddy. He challenged Chandrababu Naidu to reveal the minutes of the Cabinet discussion on bauxite issue and said that the Chief Minister would not be able to produce the same because no discussion had taken place. He said that the Chief Minister had written four letters to Central Government on February 10 and 13, July 21 and August 6 seeking its environmental clearance for bauxite mining.
Jagan Mohan Reddy to address anti-bauxite rally
- YSRCP leader Botcha Satyanarayana said that party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy would participate in the anti-bauxite rally and public meeting at Chintapalli on December 10. He would reach here by flight on Thursday morning and from there leave for Chintapalli. The public meeting is scheduled at 1pm. He lashed out Chandrababu Naidu for ignoring the interests of tribals and the common man. He cited the example of 50 acres of land being allocated at eCentric Solutions at a price of Rs.50 lakh per acre despite the fact that the officials including Chief Commissioner Land Administration valuing it at Rs.7 crore per acre. He said that the company does not have any credentials but was given with the reason to favour it because it is owned by someone who is close to Chandrababu, he said.
Special courts for graft cases
- Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu has said a special court will be set up shortly to try corruption and other financial irregularities committed in the last ten year Congress rule and confiscate assets which will be utilized for public welfare activities. Participating in the ongoing Jana Chaitanya Yatra at L.Kota, he said that developmental activities suffered a set back during Congress rule. He said that YSRCP and Congress were against the development of the State and appealed the people to cooperate with the present government. Viziangaram would become a smart city if the proposed international airport at Bhogapuram was materialized. Land acquisition for the link canals was going on and work on it would be completed in a couple of months, he said.
Comment on this story