Monday, July 3, 2017
The Andhra Pradesh State Cabinet meeting was held on Monday. The important decisions include
- To transfer the power to sanction layouts and clear the subdivision of lands in municipalities from the Councils to Commissioners as pert of the government’s efforts to further improve the ease of doing business. It authorized the Municipal Administration and Urban Development to make necessary amendments to the AP Municipal Act, 29165. The sanctioning online permissions to municipal layouts soon.
- The State Cabinet cleared the decks for regularization of illegal plots in government lands measuring less than 100 square yards in municipal corporations and plots of equal size on which BPL families places where the government’s group housing scheme were not grounded.
- The Cabinet decided to refer the matter on mapping layouts in the purview of AP-CRDA for the sake f regulation and the proposed scrapping of zone to a sub-committee of Ministers for taking a decision later.
- The Cabinet gave its nod for drafting A.P.Money Lenders Bill-2017, under which those lending money for interest have to obtain licences for a period of three years and the rate of interest will be decided by the government.
- The State Cabinet sanctioned 330 (270 teaching and 60 non-teaching) posts in Social Welfare Department.
- The State Cabinet has cleared the Designated Technology Park Policy 2017-2020 for attracting information technology companies into the State.
Comment on this story