Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- KADAPA-YVUCET – 2016 Notification released:: Yogi Vemana University that conducts Common Entrance Test for admissions into various courses has been released. The online registration process commences today and the candidates have to pay Rs.400 towards registration fee through www.yvudoa.in website. The last date for submission is May 10 without any fine, from May 11 to 14 with a fine of Rs.500. The applications have to be uploaded before May 18.
- HYDERABAD- Last date for submission of EAMCET application extended:: EAMCET convenor Prof.Ch.Sai Babu said on Tuesday that the last date for submission of EAMCET applications without fine is extended till March 24. The directions came following the orders from the HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, he said.
- Telangana conferred IAS officers given posting:: A batch of 60 Telangana State level officers promoted as conferred IAS officers who have completed six week induction programme at Marri Channa Reddy HRD Institute. At the valedictory function, Deputy Chief Minister Mohamed Mehmood Ali asked the newly inducted officers of the pro-poor programmes being implemented by the government. He explained about the welfare programmes being taken up by the government.
- ‘Lok Satta Party will continue without JP’, says Katari Srinivasa Rao:: The breakaway group of Lok Satta Party headed by its national president Katari Srinivasa Rao has made it clear that the party activities will continue as usual. He parted ways with Jayaprakash Narayana over organizational matters and formed a parallel Lok Satta Party. Reacting over the remarks of JP, he said that LSP came into existence to transform politics. It would continue to strive for an alternative political system.
- Central staff gets 6% hike in D.A.:: The Centre on Wednesday hiked the dearness allowance by six per cent benefitting over one crore central government employees and pensioners. The hike will cost the exchequer an additional Rs.14,724.74 crore.
- No violations in permissions to Andhra Pradesh:: Union Environmental Affairs Minister Javadekar on Wednesday denied that the ministry gave various permissions to Amaravati capital city structures without studying their environmental effects. He said that for the first time in the country, the NDA government took a policy decision to relax the norms allowing both residential and commercial buildings to come up in forest lands with regard to Amaravati capital city since AP Reorganization Act provided for that.
- Press Council of India seeks report on summoning of scribes:: The Chairman of the Press Council of India, Justice Chandramauli Kumar Prasad has ordered the government of Andhra Pradesh, Director General of Police of Andhra Pradesh and Superintendent of Police of Guntur district to submit a report over the summoning of ‘Sakshi’ newspaper journalists. The Chairman expressed concern over the four reports and two desk staff members of the news paper being called to Mangalagiri police station in Guntur district to reveal source of the news stories published recently on land deals in Amaravati region.
- RAJAMAHENDRAVARAM- Five arrested and 1.2 tonnes of ganja seized:: The police on Tuesday seized 1.2 tonnes of ganja along with two vehicles and arrested five persons in this connection. According to preliminary investigation, ganja is being transported from East Godavari Agency area to Karnataka. The police found a separate shelf created in one of the vehicles to transport ganja clandestinely. The arrested were Chadalavada Anil, Akula Ayyappa Reddy, B.Venkata Madan Mohan Reddy, Cheemla Janka Muneendra Reddy and Galanki Satyanarayana.
- ‘All villages will get Internet soon’, says Palle Raghunath Reddy:: AP Minister for Information Technology Palle Raghunath Reddy said that all villages in the State to get Internet access with 20 MBPS capacity by the end of July in the State under Digital India and Digital Andhra Pradesh programme. He said that by end of March, nearly 20 lakh households to be given domestic gas connections in the State.
- TIRUPATI-Penumbral lunar eclipse today:: Regional Science Centre-Tirupati will be hosting a ‘Sky Observation’ programme today on its campus between 6pm to 7.30pm for observance of a ‘penumbral lunar eclipse. The first of the three lunar eclipses in the year 2016 would occur as the Earth passes between the Sun and the Moon, thereby obstructing/dimming the view of the Moon for people of Earth. In Tirupati, it is expected to start at 3.09pm below the horizon. It will reach maximum eclipse at 5.17pm and ends by 7.24pm, a total duration of 4 hours and 15 minutes. More details can be had over phone 0877-2286202.
- EdCET on May 23:: EdCET 2016 will be held on May 23 in 18 centres across the State said EdCET convenor T.Kumaraswamy. He said that a notification has been issued on February 10 and the last date for submission of applications without fine is April 23. The examinations will be held in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Chittoor, Tirupati, Kuppam, Kadapa, Proddutur, Anantpuram, Nandyal, Vijayawada, Guntur, Ongole and Nellore. Details can be had on www.apedcet.org.
- VIZIANGARAM-Maoists gun down villagers in Salur agency:: Suspected Maoists gunned down K.Venkata Rao of Jakaravalasa at D.Thadivalasa, a hamlet of Kurukutti panchayat in the Salur Agency on Tuesday. Parvathipuram OSD Venkata Appala Naidu said that preliminary information reaching him said a few Maoists killed him on suspicion that Venkata Rao was a police informer though he was not.
- VIJAYAWADA- APPECET-2016 on May 9:: Acharya Nagarjuna University will conduct the Physical Education Common Entrance Test on its campus from May 9 according to Physical Director Y.Kishore on Tuesday. The council has already issued notification for inviting applications for admission of candidates into B.P.Ed and U.G.D.P.Ed courses for the year 2016-17.
- Burnt coaches of Ratnachal to be auctioned:: The burnt coaches of Ratnachal Express are set to be auctioned through the South Central Railway’s e-tendering platform in the coming days. The charred coaches of the Vijayawada bound train are parked at the railway yard here before the auction process gets under way. It may be recalled that a few coaches of the superfast train were burnt in mob fury at Tuni in East Godavari on January 31, 2016.
- VISAKHAPATNAM- NTR Vaidya sevas to be stopped from March 26:: In protest against payment of dues to the Andhra Pradesh Specialty Hospitals Association has decided to stop extending services under NTR Vaidya Seva scheme formerly Arogya Sri from March 26. AHSA that held discussions with the government over payment of arrears but could not get a concrete assurance from the government. It has decided to stop services including to Government Employees Health Scheme, Journalists Health Insurance scheme too.
- Andhra University presents Rs.428 crore Budget:: Andhra University pegged its 2016-17 at Rs.428 crore informed the interim Vice Chancellor E.A.Narayana. Speaking to press at the Platinum Jubilee Hall of the University, he said that the State Government has allocated Rs.298 crore in the form of block grants in the budget and They would raise to Rs.121 crore through internal funding. The wages cost Rs.157 crore to the university and the pensioners would receive Rs.128 crore. He said that Rs.25 core had been devised for recruitment of new faculty among other expenses.
Comment on this story