Wednesday, March 16, 2016
- ANANTAPUR: Woman constable complains against Sub-Inspector of misconduct:: A Sub-Inspector of police was booked today on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman constable. The Sub Inspector was Kammanna of the Crime Control Station allegedly asked a woman constable to attend for night duty as there was a female suspect lodged in the cell on Tuesday. The constable as per the case filed by the I Town police was with the convict in the cell when around 11pm on Tuesday, the SI came into the cell and woke her up shouting at her for reporting late duties. As the woman constable tried to get out of the cell, while explaining him of the cause, she found that the cell was locked form inside and the SI had the keys with him and was in an inebriated condition. After she raised an alarm, the police personnel came to her help by which the SI opened the cell and let her out.
- CHITTOOR: Court remands irrigation engineer for 15 days remand:: ACB sleuths today produced the Handri-Neeva Sujala Sravanthi project deputy executive engineer B.Maddileti (53) currently working at Madanapalle division in Chittoor district before the ACB court and was remanded to 15 days judicial custody. He was trapped on Tuesday and conducted search on his properties in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka that lasted till Wednesday . ACB officials said that properties of the officials including lands, villas and house sites were detected at Kurnool, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Hoskote, Madanapalle and others along with 1.75 kg of gold and 1.85 kg of silver ornaments and cash Rs.3.75 lakh were seized. He possessed nine acres of land worth over Rs.10 crore per acre and 13 acres at Kurnool and apartments and sites were detected in the three States.
- HYDERABAD: Assembly today::Jagan dares Chief Minister on loan waiver:: On the comments of government whip K.Ravikumar’s remarks today in the Assembly, Leader of the Opposition Jagan Mohan Reddy is misleading people on farm loan waiver. Jagan challenged that he can prove that Chandrababu Naidu during his election campaign had announced several times that after coming to power he will waive all the farm loans or otherwise he will resign. Jagan asked whether Chandrababu will resign if he proved it. Ravi Kumar said that the TDP had promised to waive crop loans if it comes to power but Jagan is misleading it to that of agriculture loans. Jagan said that Chandrababu Naidu had promised unconditional waiver of all farm loans including gold loans. He said that ‘I have video cassettes of Chandrababu Naidu’s speeches. If you want, I will play them. He said that he had contracted that the total agriculture loans were to the tune of Rs.80, 612 crore and it is not possible to waive all loans.
- Deadline on tag:: Jagan said that ‘If he is sincere above achieving all these, he must fix a one month deadline with the Centre and then withdraw Telugu Desam ministers from the Union Cabinet or there would be no meaning in passing a resolution’. He said that the Assembly had passed a resolution on Special Category Status and sent it to the Centre in the past. What happened to that, he asked. Reacting over Jagan’s demand, Chandrababu Naidu said the State was looking up to the Centre to get many projects and funds. ‘It is important that we maintain cordial relations with the Centre’.
- RAJAHMUNDRY: Former MP Harsha Kumar demands re-install of Ambedkar statue:: Former Amalapuram MP G.V.Harsha Kumar demanded that the State Government re-erect Dr.B.R.Ambedkar statues that were damaged or removed by miscreants in four villages in East and West Godavari districts. Speaking to press at Pushakara Ghat where NTR statue was erected during last year’s Pushkarams, he said the Collectors of both the districts have to install them or face agitation.
- NELLORE: Six devotees killed in an accident:: Six persons were killed on the spot and nine injured in a road accident at Rayalakota in Agarala village of Chandragiri mandal of Chittoor district on Tuesday. All the deceased except one were travelling in a jeep to Tirumala from Yelahnka in Bengaluru. The mishap took place when the jeep collided head on with a speedy lorry heading towards Bangalore from Guntur.
- TIRUPATI: ‘Kumbabhishekam’ in Mauritius:: Brindayan Parthasaradhi of Sri Hari Hara Devasthanam in Mauritius on Wednesday categorically said that the works relating to the construction of the 108 feet idol of Lord Venkateswara is nearing completion and the efforts are on to organize ‘Kumbabhishekam’ between September and October. Speaking to media, he said that over 80 per cent of works have been completed and that ‘Stapati’ works were already in progress. The ‘Kumbabhishekam’ will be ceremoniously organized in strict accordance to the guidelines laid in the ‘Agama sastras’ and would also seek advice of noted scholar Nalluri Krishna Swamy Deekshitulu in the finalization of the date and Muhurtham for the divine work.
- VISAKHAPATNAM: GITAM to launch startup incubator:: GITAM University would launch a Start up Incubator that is a collaborative initiative of GITAM School of International Business and RenB Solutions, Mumbai. The university would announce the details about the startup in a conference on Wednesday.
- Bar association elections on April 4::The annual elections to the Visakhapatnam Bar Association will be held on April 4. Senior advocate K.Madhusudhana Rao was appointed Returning Officer for the elections, president and secretary of the Bar Association. Bar Association members have to pay their membership fee by March 19. Elections will be held for the posts of president, vice-president, general secretary, treasurer, sports and cultural secretary, library secretary, joint secretary, ladies’ representative and eight EC members. Nominations will be received on March 21 and 22 and after scrutiny on March 26, withdrawal of nominations was allowed on March 26. The final list of contestants will be announced on March 28 and polling if needed would be held on April 4.
- SBI auctions seized cars::The State Bank of India realized Rs.23.5 lakh through tender-cum-open auction of four seized cars on Wednesday. In all 35, bidders participated in the auction. SBI Deputy General Manager Ajoy Kumar Pandit advised the borrowers to pay loan instalments promptly as per the agreement. AGM Ravindra Prasad Patro said that another round of auction on March 19 to dispose of seven seized cars.
- Canadian team visits Port Trust:: A team from High Commission of Canada today held talks with the Visakhapatnam Port Trust Chairman Krishna Babu. Andrea Davidson, second secretary, Political and Economic Affairs and Tejdeep Kaur, Senior Economic Analyst-Political and Economic Affairs were briefed about the import importance of the port in improving economic relations between the two countries.
- VIJAYAWADA: AP MARKFED to come up:: The Andhra Pradesh State Cooperative Marketing Samakya (APMARKFED) will be establishing its central office here. It will be located in 10 lakh square meters building and will function from April. A decision was taken at the general body meeting held a couple of days ago here. AP MARKFED has a total of 136 acres of lands and during bifurcation of the State, 100 acres have gone to Telangana and the rest 36 acres to the Andhra Pradesh. On the request of MARKFED, the State Government has allotted 5 acres each to Vizianagaram, Anantpuram East and West Godavari district taking the total to 56 acres of land.
- PG Medical counselling in April:: The admissions for PG Medical (Degree/Diploma) courses for the academic year 2016-17 will be held in the third week of April according to Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences Vice-Chancellor T.Raviraju. The classes will commence from May 1 and the counselling process would be completed by May 30, he said.
- PG Dental Entrance results announced:: Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences that conducted PG (Dental) entrance test on March 6, the results of which were announced on Tuesday. The entrance test was conducted for both Telugu speaking States. B.Manasa (Nellore Narayana Dental College) stood as a topper. Out of 1,670 candidates have applied for the test and only 1,640 attended and 1,134 candidates were qualified.
Comment on this story