- Chittoor:: Police seize 37 tonnes of red sanders logs in2016:: Addressing a press conference on Saturday, Superintendent of Police Ghattamaneni Srinivas said that the police has seized 37 tonnes of red sanders logs worth over Rs.75 crore, as many as 108 vehicles worth Rs.16.2 crore besides arresting 324 smuggling operatives in 107 cases in the year 2016. He said that the police had filed a record 60 PD Act cases, the number which is first of its kind in the State. Suspect sheets were opened on 26 acused and rowdy-sheets on 17 persons.
- Kurnool:: Muchumarri Lift Irrigation scheme will not help Rayalaseema:: Rayalaseema Parirakshna Samithi president Byreddy Rajasekhara Reddy ridiculed the claims of the ruling TDP government leaders that Muchumarri Lift irrigation scheme in Pagidyala mandal of the district would make Rayalaseema region fertile. Deputy Chief Minister K.E.Krishnamurthy inaugurated a trial run of the scheme by operating two pumps on December 18 and Chandrababu Naidu was slated to dedicate it to the nation on January 2. He wondered why the government was maintaining silence on unauthorized excess drawal of water by Karnataka government by building illegal projects on the upstream.
- Kurnool:: TDP and YSRCP members clash over seats at Corporaton meeting:: Pandemonium prevailed in the Kadapa Municipal Corportion general body meeting on Saturday when TDP and YSRCP corporators jostled with one another and clashed amid heated exchanges following a dispute over seating arrangement for some YSRCP members who recently shifted their allegiance to the ruling party. YSRCP members who switched over loyalities to TDP demanded that they be allotted seats with the TDP members. They stormed the podium and picked up an argument with Mayor K.Suresh Babu who belonged to the YSRCP tried to pull down the mike before him. The Opposition party members came to Mayor’s support and a wordy duel ensued between them and their ruling party counterparts.
- Nellore:: Two killed in blast at a cracker unit:: At least two persons were killed and 14 were injured, 13 of them seriously in an explosion that took place in a small cracker making unit in Porlukatta area in Nellore on Saturday. Sources said that the cracker unit was being run illegally in a poorly constructed hut was reduced to ashes under the impact of the blast. District Collector R.Mutyala Raju who visited the spot said that immediate steps were taken to provide first aid and preliminary medical help to the victims by rushing them to the DSR Government General Hospital. The deceased were identified as Yatagiri Nagaraju and Lakshmaiah both of them are the residents of the slum located nearby.
- Visakhapatnam:: IndiGo launches one more flight to Hyderabad:: IndiGo is launching one more flight connecting Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad from January 1, 2017. Flight No.6E776 will leave Visakhapatnam at 7.10pm and reach Hyderabad at 8.15pm. Flight No.6E773 will take off from Hyderabad at 5.25pm and land in Visakhapatnam at 6.40pm.
- Visakhapatnam:: PoS machines at Railway station:: Railway passengers buying tickets from the reservation counters can now swipe their debit or credit card to make payments through PoS machines provided at the Passenger Reservation Office here. Four Point of Sale machines were commissioned for ticket bookings at the main reservation office on Saturday.
Visakhapatnam:: CPI(M) demands the Chief Minister to react on Ganta Srinivasa Rao issue on bank default case:: CPI(M) State secretary P.Madhu today demanded the Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu to react on the issue of the Indian Bank attaching the properties of HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao who stood guarantee for a loan. He said that the Chief Minister who always speaks about integrity and transparency and in this case, the assets mortgaged for the loan were valued at Rs.20 crore only while the loan was for Rs.200 crore said Madhu at a press conference.
- Hyderabad:: APPSC to issue Group II notification ::Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission will issue notification for Group III services posts today on Saturday at 11am. APPSC Chairman Prof.Uday Bhaskar along with its members will release the notification. The APPSC will fill up 1,055 posts through the notification said Secretary Y.V.S.T.Sai.
- Hyderabad:: Bellana Chandrasekhar appointed as YSRCP Vizianagaram district president:; YSRCP chief Jagan Mohan Reddy has appointed Bellana Chandrasekhar as the party District President following Kolagatla Veerabhadra Swamy tendered his resignation for the post. Kolagatla has been posted in the Political Affairs Committee.
Comment on this story