- Amaravati:: PVN Madhav is the BJP MLC candidate:: The BJP State unit has announced the name of PVN.Madhav as the candidate for North Andhra Graduates Constituency. He is the son of P.V.Chalapati Rao is currently BJYM leader.
- Amaravati:: Dr.M.Padma promoted as Special Commissioner:: State Girijan Welfare department director Dr.M.Padma has been promoted as the Special Commissioner and the government has issued orders to this effect. She assumed charge on Wednesday.
- Anantapur:: No agitation for SCS’, says Ashok Babu:; NGOs president Ashok Babu speaking to media said that they will not take up any agitation for Special Category Status. He said that there is a strong leadership in the State and needs no agitation. The NGOs are supporting TDP candidate for Rayalaseema MLC contestant K.G.Reddy.
- Guntur:: Tenali man dies of swine flu:; a 49 year old man identified as Lanka Visweswara Rao who was working as a jewellery making unit in Tenali died in Vijayawada due to swine flu. He was admitted to the Government General Hospital, Vijayawada on February 7. The hospital authorities have sent the samples to Tirupati for testing and he died even before the results could come. A team of Medical and Health department rushed to Tenali and distributed Tamiflu tablets.
- Ongole:: Congress will stand by Rohit’s family:: Former Minister S.Sailajanath on Wednesday said that the Congress party would wage a political battle against the ruling BJP-TDP combine and would stand by Rohit’s family. He took objection over the State government’s issuing a show-cause notice to the mother of Rohit Vemula, a HCU research scholar who committed suicide last year. He said that it was unfortunate that Guntur District Collector Kantilal Dande who had admitted before the National Commission for SCs that Rohit belonged to the SC community had reordered a re-inquiry allegedly at the behest of BJP and TDP.
- Srikakulam:: APNGOA opposes CPS scheme:: The Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers’ Association on Wednesday opposed the Contributory Pension Scheme as it was detrimental to the interests of employees who had joined after 2004. The association insisted that the earlier system be restored. The Association State president Chowdary Purushottam Naidu said that thousands of employees would be affected as they would get fewer benefits after retirement. Speaking to media, he said that the association would participate in the ‘Chalo Delhi’ programme on March 2.
- Vijayawada:: Chengalrayudu joins TDP:: Congress MLC from Railway Koduru B.Chengalrayudu on Wednesday switched loyalties to the TDP in presence of party national president Chandrababu Naidu.
Chandrababu Naidu welcomed him by presenting yellow scarf. Chengalrayudu has considerable following both in Kadapa and Chittoor districts said that he joined the TDP to ensure development of his constituency and the Rayalaseema region.
Comment on this story