- Visakhapatnam:: Contract system at Steel Plant opposed::* A roundtable organized by the Opposition parties has decided to stage a dharna at the Gandhi Statue today in protest against the Conveyor Maintenance Contract System being implemented at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. The speakers said that the new system was jeopardising the interests of the workers as well as the company.
- Visakhapatnam:: India-West Indies ODI match on October 24::* The BCCI has announced that the second Paytm ODI to be played between India and West Indies will be organized at Dr.YS Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium here on October 24.
- Visakhapatnam:: HPCL to train children on RTC staff in skills::* The HPCL will organise a skill development programme for the children of the RTC staffers. Participating in a cleanliness drive launched by the RTC officials at the Dwaraka Bus Station, HPCL Chief Manager Das said the training programme will be held t RTC complex at 10am on October 8.
- Kurnool:: Transgender appointed TNSF president::* TDP district president Somisetty Venkateswarlu appointed by its general secretary Y.Nageswara Rao Yadav and others announced the new committee for the party’s student wing. Telugu Nadu Students Federation in Rayalaseema University here on Wednesday. Madhuri, a transgender who had secured a seat on merit in the PG course this year, was appointed TNSF president.
- Tirupati:: State failed to check seva tickets scam::* The BJP had blamed the State government and the TTD Trust Board for failing to check black market of seva tickets in Tirumala. The party activists, led by State general secretary G.Bhanuprakash Reddy staged a demonstration at the TTD headquarters here on Wednesday denouncing the failure of the official machinery in checking the scams that had surfaced in the seva and VIP break darshan tickets and submitted a memorandum to the Executive Officer.
- Visakhapatnam:: CBI probe sought in TDP MLAs killing::* The CPI has sought a CBI probe into the killing of Araku MLA Kidari Sarveswara Rao and former MLA Siveri Soma as the Maoists have not owned up responsibility for it. CPI National secretary K.Narayana said today that in view of political motives being attributed to the TDP and its arch rival YSRCP to the twin murders, the State government should handover the case to the CBI immediately.
Visakhapatnam:: Gunmen suspended:: Close on the suspension of the two APSP officers and SI of Dumbriguda police station, two gunmen of the slain Araku MLA Kidari Sarveswar Rao and one of former MLA Siveri Soma were suspended by SP Rahul Dev Sharma today. They were suspended for their negligence and for not reaching or opening fire when the Maoists waylaid the TDP leaders and gunned them down.
Comment on this story