Wednesday, November 1, 2017
The State government has approved for the establishment of Science City at a cost of Rs.639 crore in Tirupati. The government has already identified 70 acres of land for the purpose. The Cabinet has approved to have an MoUs with prestigious institutions with a cost of Rs.553 crore to set up innovation centres, educational institutions, research centres, science museum. A convention centre would be established at a cost of Rs.86 crore said Minsiter for Information Kaluva Srinivasulu to pressmen.
- The State Cabinet also approved to establish an economic township between Jakkampudi-Vemavaram on 235.5 acre land.
- The State Cabinet has decided that recruitment of teaching and non-teaching staff of any university in the State through APPSC examination. A Bill to this effect would be introduced in the next Assembly session.
- The Cabinet approved to stand as surety to the Swachandhra Corporation to take a loan of Rs.500 crore. With the funds, 12.50 lakh toilets would be constructed.
- It has decided to establish Meat Development Corporation. It also decided to establish AP Cold Cain Infrastructure Corporation for exporting of food items, fruits and vegetables. A sub committee would formulate the norms for this purpose.
- The State Cabinet has decided to gift Rs.2 crore to French Open Badminton player Kidambi Srikanth and a job of the cadre of Deputy Collector. Rs.15 lakhs to coach Gopichand and Rs.11.25 lakh to Assistant coach Sudhakar Reddy and to Srikanth Rs.3.75 lakh as gift.
Comment on this story