Friday, July 1, 2016
The South Indian International Movie Awards held on Friday at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre honored the best Tamil and Malayalam film industries in the second part.
The biggest winners of the Telugu and Kannada movie worlds were Baahubali, Srimanthadu with each garnered six awards including the coveted best film award for Baahubali and best actress for Shruti Haasan in Srimanthadu.
Kannada movie Rangi Taranga bagged four awards- Best Actor in a negative role, best debutant director, Best Lyricist and Best Playback Singer (Female)
Playback singer Usha Uthup sang a tribute of biggest hits by singer S. Janaki, who was also given a Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Best Movie: S.S. Rajamouli's Baahubali: The Beginning (Telugu) and Giriraj's Mythri (Kannada).
- Best Actor: Mahesh Babu for Srimanthudu (Telugu) and Puneeth Rajkumar for Ranavikrama (Kannada).
- Best Actress: Shruti Haasan for Srimanthudu (Telugu) and Rachita Ram for Ranna (Kannada).
- Best Director: S.S. Rajamouli for Baahubali (Telugu) and Upendra for Uppi 2 (Kannada).
- Best Actor in Negative Role: Rana Daggubati for Baahubali (Telugu) and Saikumar for RangiTaranga (Kannada).
- The Lifetime Achievement Award: S. Janaki
- The South Sensation of the Year: Sudheer Babu
- Best Movie: Thani Oruvan (Tamil) and Premam (Malayalam)
- Best Actor: Vikram for I (Tamil) and Prithviraj for Ennu Ninte Moideen (Malayalam)
- Best Actress: Nayanthara for Naanum Rowdydhaan (Tamil) and Bhaskar the Rascal (Malayalam)
Comment on this story