AndhraNews.net
Home » Technology News » 2012 » September » September 14, 2012

Google refuses to reconsider removing anti-Islam clip from YouTube


September 14, 2012 - Los Angeles

Google has made it clear that it would not reconsider the White House request to remove the anti-Islam video 'Innocence of Muslims' from its YouTube site. The video has triggered massive outrage among the Muslim community across the world, particularly the Middle East.

Google, on Friday, said that it had already determined that the video did not violate its terms of service regarding hate speech. They said that the video is against the Muslim religion, but not Muslim people.

The video was already blocked in India and Indonesia because it violated the local laws. YouTube said that it was continuously monitoring the circumstances in other countries.

In a statement on Friday, YouTube said "We've restricted access to it in countries where it is illegal such as India and Indonesia as well as in Libya and Egypt given the very sensitive situations in these two countries,"

Meanwhile, the US authorities are investing Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the producer of the film, who might have violated his prison release. Basseley was convicted for bank fraud in 2010 and was released on probation last June.

Andhra News

Comment on this story

Share