AndhraNews.net
Home » State News » 2014 » July » July 22, 2014

New health cards from August 15 to pensioners and employees


July 22, 2014 - Hyderabad

The State Government has decided to issue health cards to pensioners and government employees from August 15 as part of cashless medical treatment.

As a part of this, the existing cards would be replaced with new ones. With this, the pensioners and employees who are directly getting benefits from the Government are eligible for the cashless medical treatment. The Government is considering to bring the employees working in universities and public sector organizations under the purview.

Eligibility:
Employees will get medical services up to Rs.2 lakhs at each time they join the hospitals. However, for some specified deceases, the amount in excess of the ceiling of rs.2 lakhs will be borne by the government. The medical aids of the family members of the pensioners are eligible to get the facilities. Under the existing procedure, 60 per cent of the expenditure will be borne by the government and the rest of 40 per cent by the employees. The monthly premium for employees to pay depending upon their salary would be Rs.90, Rs.120. Those who pays Rs.90 premium will eligible to get semiprivate ward and Rs.120 are eligible for private (single room) wards to get medical services. Nearly 1885 types of medical treatments would be available under the packages.

Andhra News

Comment on this story

Share