Andhra Pradesh News on May 9, 2014
May 9, 2014 - Hyderabad
- DCA raids medical shops
HYDERABAD: The Drug Control Administration (DCA) conducted raids and initiated legal action against 45 pharmacies that were selling habit-forming drugs and six other shops selling antibiotics without a prescription. They also found that drug companies selling more than the ceiling price fixed. The DCA Director General BL Meena said that action is being initiated against erring medical shops and companies found violating the provisions of the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules.
- TPCC president replies MIM chief queries
HYDERABAD: Telangana Pradesh Congress president Ponnala Lakshmaih on Thursday gave a reply to the issues raised by MIM chief Asauddin Owaisi. The Congress, which is reportedly sceptical about getting a majority in the Assembly elections, has started consulting “friendly” parties seeking their support to form the first government in Telangana. Lakshmaih in a letter to Asadudin said that he had discussed with officials about late Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy’s package for development of Old City. “We are getting a report from all the four departments that are involved in the development,” he said.
- Sivaramakrishnan committee reaches Visakhapatnam
VISAKHAPATNAM: The Sivaramakrishnan committee that was appointed for searching a new capital for Seemandhra reached Visakhapatnam on Friday. It will visit some places that are suitable for creation of a new State capital.
- Options for IAS, IPS and IFS', says Chief Secretary
HYDERABAD: The Chief Secretary Mohanthy said that the IAS, IPS and IFS personnel can give their options and should be given in a sealed cover to the Chief Secretary before May 16.
- YSRCP chief Jagan Mohan Reddy paid tributes to former CM Janardhana Reddy
HYDERABAD: YSRCP president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Friday paid visited the residence at Somajiguda of former Chief Minister Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy and paid floral tributes. He expressed heartfelt condolences to the members of the family. It may be recalled that Janardhana Reddy has his last breath at 5.15am today while was undergoing treatment for liver related disease. APPCC N Raghuveera Reddy, union minister Chiranjeevi, former ministers Anam Ramnarayana Reddy, Gali Muddi Krishnam Naidu paid tributes to the departed leader. TPCC president Ponnala Lakshmaih, TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao among those dignitaries paid tributes to Janardhana Reddy. Final rites will be held on Saturday according to family members.
- Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy passed away this morning. He was 80. He was getting treatment for a liver ailment at NIMS hospital and breathed his final in the morning. His body was shifted to his residence at Somajiguda for people to pay their final respects. Union Minister MM Pallam Raju, TPCC president Ponnala Lakshmaiah, YSR Congress Party leader MV Mysoora Reddy and other paid homage.