Andhra Pradesh News on May 6, 2014
May 6, 2014 - Hyderabad
- 'They have their own claims but will have to wait for peoples' mandate
YSRCP and TDP both claiming themselves for forming a government in Seemandhra will be facing a final call from the people on Wednesday, the day the Voters of Seemandhra will give their mandate. TDP claiming that it would get 145 seats while YSRCP claim that they would bag in between 120 to 130. However, the people will give their mandate through ballot on May 7 for electing 175 Assembly candidates and 25 MP candidates. .
- Police seize Rs.2.90 crores
BHIMAVARAM: Nearly 2.90 crores cash hidden in the doors of a car was seized by police as part of raids on Monday. DSP Raghuveera Reddy said that basing on the information from those in the car and suspect that it belongs to a contestant of YSRCP. In another incident, excise officials seized 720 liquor bottles, a car and an auto-rickshaw. At Eluru, the election authorities seized saris worth Rs 4 lakh in two separate cases meant for distribution to the women voters at Chataparru and Balaji Nagar of Eluru rural mandal on Monday.
- Pawan Kalyan Hatao – Politics Bachao book writer threatens to go to Court
Boggula Srinivas, writer of ' Pawan Kalyan Hatao – Politics Bachao' threatened Jana Sena chief and cine actor Pawan Kalyan to tender apologises within 24 hours or will drag him to court for insulting Indian Constitution.
- Jai Samaikhyandhra Party contestant Sabbam Hari skips from contest
Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha contestant form Jai Samaikhyandhra Party Sabbam Hari speaking to media on Tuesday announced of quitting from contest for Lok Sabha.
- Police seized Rs. 5 lakhs from leaders of YSR Congress Party in Yalamarru of Pedaparapudi mandal in Krishna district. The cash was suspected to be for distributing to the voters.
- Police raided the residence of YSRCP women wing president Pasupuleti Vijayalakshmi in Kakinada. The raid happened in the midnight. No unaccounted cash was found at the residence.
- An APSRTC bus overturned at Malyam in Anantapur district. Six passengers were injured in the accident. The driver of the bus bound to Uravakonda from Kanekallu was attempting to overtake when he lost control and drove the bus to a nearby farm. Twelve passengers are on board at the time of accident.
- YSR Congress Raptadu candidate Topudurthi Prakash Reddy threatened of a defamation suit at Telugu Desam party for complaining to the Election Commission that he is distributing cash to the voters. Prakash Reddy said TDP leader Paritala Sunitha is worried about losing and is making false accusations at him.
- Board of Intermediate Education has extended the last date for paying fee for re-counting, re-verification and advanced exams by two days. The last date is now May 8.