Andhra Pradesh News on May 5, 2014
May 5, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Naxalism would surface if voted to Jagan', says Pawan Kalyan
The actor turned Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan said that Naxalism would resurface if YSRCP chief Jagan Mohan Reddy is voted to power in the State. He alleged that the Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy had robbed off the natural resources and laid a seed for Telangana movement and added that thousands of farmers have become landless due to Vanpic. He said that he would be prepared to leave India unable to see the robbery of public money but decided to fight against corruption.
- TRS convenes its State Executives on May 9
HYDERABAD: The TRs has convened a meeting of its State executives and the candidates who fought the recent assembly and Lok Sabha on May 9. The TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao appealed to all the candidates to attend the meeting without fail.
- TDP state women secretary joins YSRCP
- VIJAYAWADA: Telugu Desam Party state women secretary Pamula Uma Devi on Monday joined YSRCP in presence of Koneru Prasad.
- Today is the last day for electoral campaign in Seemandhra.
- TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu will canvass in Prakasam, Krishna and Guntur districts, while Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan will tour in Chittoor and Anantapur districts.
- Supreme Court will take up 23 petitions filed against bifurcation of the State. It is known that petitions were filed claiming that the bifurcation of the state is against the Constitution. The petitioners also asked the Apex court to put a stay to the proceedings of June 2 as appointed date.