Andhra Pradesh News on May 4, 2014
May 4, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Bharanikana Rama Rao joins YSRCP
VISAKHAPATNAM: TDP leader Bharanikana Rama Rao joined YSRCP on Sunday in presence of party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. He was accompanied by former MLA Malla Vijay Prasad. The BC president of District Yadava Sangam aspired to the Visakhapatnam North Assembly constituency that was allotted to BJP as part of TDP alliance.
- TDP-BJP committed for empowering BCs', says Krishnaiah
VISAKHAPATNAM: BC leader R Krishnaiah who is the TDP's chief ministerial nominee for Telangana said that TDP-BJP are committed for the empowerment of BCs politically. He said that the declaration of TDP BC manifesto, a sub-plan for them, and 50 per cent political reservations. He was speaking to press on Sunday said that though the BJP had not included constitutional rights to BCs in its manifesto, its prime ministerial candidate Modi belongs to BCs, he said.
- Rs.45 lakh seized from fish merchant
VIJAYAWADA: Police seized Rs.45 lakh cash form the residence of a local fisher merchant at Nuzvidu on Sunday. They suspect that the amount belongs to a candidate contesting in general elections. An anonymous caller alerted the Mandal Development Officer about the cash kept at Baji's residence in Muslim street in the town. They in turn alerted the police. Although the merchant attributed the cash to a business transaction but failed to provide evidence to substantiate his claim, said police.
- Election Commission issues notices to Lagadapati Rajagopal
HYDERABAD: The State Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal said that notices would be issued to Vijayawada MP Lagadapati Rajagopal for announcing opinion polls. He said that notices would be too issued to ten TV news channels that telecasted his opinion poll. He said that there was a ban on announcing of the same till the completion of the second phase of elections. Bhanwar Lal said that a case is being registered against Telangana Congress working committee president Uttam Kumar Reddy in cash burnt case.
- PGMET test results will be announced
VIJAWAYADA: The Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test conducted by Dr.NTR University of Health sciences will be announced shortly. It may be recalled that the test was conducted afresh following a scam surfaces in the test on April 27.
- Police seize cash in a car garage.
BHIMAVARAM: Police on a tip-off seized 6 bags kept in a car at the Maruthi Suzuki Garage in the Bhimavaram- Garagaparru road and are counting the cash by the police and election officials.
- EAMCET on May 22
HYDERBAD: EAMCET co-convenor K Eswaraprasad said that the EAMCET will be conducted on May 22 across the State. He said that the hall tickets can be downloaded from May 8 through internet. There is a decrease of 10,000 applications for engineering stream whiles an increase of 8,000 in medical stream during the current year, said Eswara Prasad.
- YSRCP petitions to Election Commission on Pawan Kalyan
HYDERABAD: YSRCP has petitioned against Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan who the other day asked the voters to take money from anyone who gives money and cast vote to BJP-TDP candidates. They said that the statements are in nearer to influencing the voters and urged to take action under People's Representation Act.
- Telugu Desam Party chief Chandrababu Naidu will hold electoral campaigns in Chittoor, Anantapur and Kadapa districts.
- Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan will tour in Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam districts.
- A 5k run was organized in Nellore district to create awareness on the power of vote. District collector Srikanth inaugurated the run. District officials said such awareness programmes will help increase the voter turnout in the elections.
- 'Walk for Vote' programme was organized at Swaraj Maidan in Vijayawada. District collector M Raghunandan Rao participated in the walk. Municipal Commissioner Hari Kiran, Police Commissioner Srinivasulu, Joint Collector Murali and others took part in the programme.