Andhra Pradesh News on May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Rs.6,000 crore to be distributed on June 2
HYDERABAD: The Finance Department has completed all formalities of transferring the cash balance into the consolidated accounts of the two States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The RBI that has been sent all the information related to the cash balance with no expenditure to be made at the last minute, will apportion the existing cash balance of nearly Rs.6,000 crore to the two states in the population ratio of 58:42. This will be done by the midnight of June 1, according to officials. The Governor also authorised the expenditure for the next three months for the both States under the Vote on Account budget.
- AP High Court renamed
HYDERABAD: The Andhra Pradesh High Court will be renamed the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh from June 2 according to communication from the High Court on Saturday.
- Two advisors to aid Telangana Governor
HYDERABAD: ESL Narasimhan who will sworn as the Governor of Telangana on June 2 at 6.30 am, he will be getting two advisors to assist him in discharging his special responsibilities.
- Rajiv Sharma to be Chief Secretary of Telangana State
HYDERABAD: The Additional Secretary of Ministry of Home Affairs Rajiv Sharma will be the Chief Secretary of Telangana Government. His appointment has been cleared by the Central Government.
- Bid to kidnap jeweller foiled
VIJAYAWADA: The West Zone police arrested a nine-member gang who conspired to kidnap a jeweller, Rajendra Kumar Jain of Narsapuram of West Godavari district and extort Rs.1 crore from him as ransom. The accused had hired two cars, procured handcuffs, an air pistol and four knives to execute their plan. Police however foiled it and rounded up the gang while they were moving suspiciously on Dornkal Road, said the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) M Ravi Prakash.
- Mystery shrouds boy's death
TIRUPARTI: A nine year old boy P Murali who was missing from Friday evening was found murdered at Thondavada-Channambatla road near Chandragiri on Saturday. Police said that the boy was killed by unidentified assailants who burnt the body after dousing petrol. Police identified the dead body that was charred beyond recognition identified based on the talisman around his neck and metallic band to the right hand as the son of P Muniratnam Reddy an employee of TTD. The parents of the deceased had lodged a missing complaint with the police. The body was sent to S Medical College for post mortem.
- Hyderabad City Police commissioner inaugurates Face book page
HYDERABAD: Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma on Saturday inaugurated 'Cybercrime Facebook'. Speaking on the occasion, he said that complaints can be lodged through Facebook.
- Senior officials and elected representatives have verified the arrangements at the Bible mission arena in Guntur where Chief Minister designate Chandrababu Naidu takes oath on June 8. Chief Secretary designate IYR Krishna Rao, DGP designate JV Ramudu, Chief Security officer of Chandrababu Tirumala Rao, district collectors of Krishna, Guntur and West Godavari districts along with few MLAs have inspected the arrangements and gave suggestions.
- Union Minister for Urban Development M Venkaiah Naidu has visited Hyderabad for the first time after assuming charge of office. BJP party workers gave a grand welcome to Venkaiah Naidu who then proceeded to the BJP office in a rally.