Andhra Pradesh News on May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 - Hyderabad
- CPI(ML-ND) bats for Steel plant
KHAMMAM: The CPI(ML-New Democracy) has urged Telangana Chief Minister designate K Chandrasekhara Rao to ensure setting up of an integrated steel plant in the public sector in Bayyaram mandal of the district according to a press release said .
- BJP to celebrate Narendra Modi's oath taking ceremony
HYDERABAD: The BJP will hold celebrations in every Assembly constituency on May 26 when Narendra Modi will be sworn-in as the next Prime Minister of the Country. The celebrations are part of paying gratitude to people who supported the BJP in the city and the State and also to enthuse the cadre signalling party's readiness to capture the GHMC whenever the elections are held. The decision was taken at a meeting held under the chairmanship of city BJP president B Venkata Reddy to congratulate Bandaru Dattatreya who won as MP from Secunderabad constituency. .
- Police unearth Maoist dump
ADILABAD: Bellampally sub-division police on Saturday unearthed an old Maoist dump from the forest near Venkatapur village under Devapur police station limits. A police team combed the area on credible information and found the dump. Superintendent of Police Gujarao Bhupal produced the explosives at a press conference in Bellampally. .
- RTC buses allowed permits in two States
HYDRABAD: The State Government issued a GO on Saturday allowing existing permits of APSRTC buses for transportation of people in the existing Andhra Pradesh to be valid in both successor States for a period of one year or till an agreement is reached between the two States in the wake of bifurcation of the State. .
- Intermediate supplementary examinations from today
HYDERABAD; The intermediate Advanced Supplementary examinations will be held from Sunday from 9am to 12 pm for the first year students and from 2.30pm to 5.30pm for the second year students. .
- TBJP president faults with TRS leaders meeting MIM
HYDERABAD: Telangana BJP President Kishan Reddy speaking to media said that the meeting of TRS leaders with MIM is unethical. He said that MIM worked against the formation of Telangana State and the issue of Rayala Telangana was brought by that party and questioned how the TRS seeks their support. He charged that MIM so far in the shade of Congress planned to increase its base, said Kishan Reddy.
- Court allows NIA to take custody of two Indian Mujahidden operatives
A local court on Saturday allowed the National Investigation Agency to take custody of two alleged Indian Mujahedeen operatives – Tahisin Akhtar and Zia-ur Rahman involved in 2013 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts case for questioning. The court granted 15 days custody till June 23.
- Telangana employees press for nativity
HYDERABAD: The Telangana employees' association represented C.R. Kamalanathan Committee that provisional allocation of employees between the two States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh should be done on the basis on nativity. TNGOs association president Devi Prasad and Telangana Employees Association president Vithal wanted the provisional allocation be reviewed to retain all Telangana employees in Telangana State.
- Two State students sets to script history by scaling Mount Everest
Two students of Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential School, Malavath Purna and Sadhanapalli Ananda Kumar reached at an altitude of 24,750 feet on Friday at 9.30am. According to Dr RS Praveen Kumar Secretary, APSWREI Society, both the students are well and will be heading towards 'Death Zone' with 47 other mountaineers from other countries. He said that once they cross the Death Zone, they will sure to reach the peak.
- Chandrababu Naidu said development should be made in both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States. Speaking to press at NTR Trust Bhavan, Naidu said that their goal is for the development of both regions. He claimed that he worked hard for the creation of a brand image for Hyderabad and that now it is ruined.
- APCC chief N Raghuveera Reddy lashed out at TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao for making provocative comments against Seemandhra employees working in Hyderabad. He reminded KCR that a person of his stature should not make such statements.
- Bollywood film actor Amitabh Bachchan congratulated TDP chief and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister designate N Chandrababu Naidu today. He said he is hoping for many more achievements from the Telugu Desam Party in the future.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister designate Chandrababu Naidu has left for New Delhi today. He will meet Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi tonight. They are likely to discuss the TDP involvement in the Union cabinet.
- Seemandhra Secretariat Employees has met Chandrababu Naidu and urged him to consider renaming the State 'Telugu Nadu'.