Andhra Pradesh News on May 2, 2014
May 2, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Vijayamma meets SC/ST unions assures all round development
VISAKHAPATNAM: YSRCP Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha contesting candidate YS Vijayamma on Friday met the leaders of SC/ST association and assured them that the YSRCP will strive hard for the development of down trodden and backward classes. She assured that Jagan will bring back the YSR welfare schemes on the track. She later met the leaders of Visakha Chamber of Commerce industrialists and promised for the development of Industrial development in the city. She said that they will work for continuous supply of power to industries. Assuring of creating a metro rail and railway zone, she said that the party would do its best in that direction.
- KTR confident of forming government without Congress support
HYDERABAD: TRS leader KT Rama Rao expressed confidence of forming the Government in Telangana without the support of Congress. Disputed the new of having a hung in Telangana, he said that TRS would get absolute majority. KTR said that they have media and intelligence reports of winning maximum number of seats. The decision of not merging with the Congress had got immense support, said KT Rama Rao.
- Police arrests former minister Vasant Nageswara Rao's son
NANDIGAMA: Police have arrested TDP leader Krishna Prasad, son of former minister Vasanta Nageswara Rao for his alleged involvement in double murder case in 2013 following a direction from the High Court.
- Barkatpura corporator Diddi Rambabu arrested
Police on Friday arrested Diddi Rambabu of Barkatpura Corporation who is the president of All India Superstar Krishna and Prince Mahesh Babu Fans in a clash between BJP and Congress leaders on April 30.
- Jagan promises power-cut free State by 2019
Addressing an election meeting at Kaikalur in Krishna district on Thursday, YSRCP chief Jagan Mohan Reddy promised to make the State as power cuts free State by 2019 if voted to power. Jagan promised that all belt-shops would be removed and local women employed in the police force to keep a tab on them and atrocities on women. Jagan promised that he would offer the first MLC seat to Dulam Nageswara Rao (DNR) after coming to power. DNR had sought the Kaikaluru Assembly ticket.
- Paritala Sriram surrenders before police
ANATHAPUR: Paritala Sriram on Friday surrendered before the police. It may be recalled he was wanted by the police in an attack against YSRCP leaders a couple of days ago.
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi will address public meeting in Guntur today. She will leave for Guntur from Gannavaram airport.
- TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu will tour in Vizianagaram and Srikakulam districts today. He will address public meetings at Icchapuram, Palasa and Pathapatnam.
- Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan will canvass for BJP candidates in Godavari districts today. He will address public meetings at Tanuku, Rajahmundry and Kakinada today.
- Union Minister K Chiranjeevi will participate in electoral campaign at Tekkali constituency in Srikakulam district.
- Telugu Desam Party leaders are alleging that police in Nandigama of Krishna district are targeting their party cadre. Police have taken Vasantha Krishnaprasad into custody as part of interrogation of an old case.
- The Chandanotsavam festival at Sri Varaha Lakshmi temple in Simhachalam, Visakhapatanm began in the morning. Several prominent personalities worshipped the lord on this auspicious day.
- Unknown persons burnt the personal vehicle of Gannavaram CI Rambabu. The CI parked his car outside his residence just the way he does normally. In the midnight, some persons poured kerosene on the car and lit it. Rambabu was transferred to Gannavam of West Godavari district a couple of days ago on election duty.
- The second year results of Intermediate will be declared tomorrow at 9 am. JEE Mains results will also be declared on Saturday.
- TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu said Congress president Sonia Gandhi is to be blamed for the bifurcation of the State. Addressing a public meeting in Cheepurupalli in Vizianagaram district, Chandrababu Naidu said the politics of Sonia Gandhi may not work in Italy but not in Seemandhra.
- Union Minister Jairam Ramesh lashed out at YSR Congress Party saying that the chief of their party is on bail. Participating in a road show in Kadapa, Jairam Ramesh said that it is not fair for the YSR Congress Party to seek votes on former Chief Minister Rajasekhara Reddy's name. He said that all the schemes introduced or implemented in the YSR tenure were the policy decisions taken by the Congress party.