Andhra Pradesh News on May 14, 2014
May 14, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Government announces DA hike for State Government staff
HYDERABAD: The State Government has on Wednesday announced a hike of 8.56% in the Dearness Allowance to State Government staff. With this hike, the percentage of DA has gone to 71.904 per cent from 63.560 benefitting nearly 12 lakh employees including pensioners.
The DA hike will come into effect from January this year and will be paid along with the current month salaries. The dues payable to the staff from January to April will be credit to their respective PF accounts.
- ABP Star Nielsen Exit Poll survey predicts:
ABP Star Nielsen exit poll survey predicted that YSRCP will bag 18 MP seats in Seemandhra. It predicted that TDP will get 9, TRS with 8, BJP with 3, Congress with 3 and one for others.
- CNN-IBN predicts:
CNN-IBN predicted that TDP+BJP will get 14-18 while YSRCP will get 11. It predicted that TRS would get 8-12 while Congress will get 3-5 in both Seemandhra and Telangana.
- ICET on May 23
ICET Chairman Prof.Venkata Ratnam said on Wednesday that the ICET will be conducted on May 23 in all 263 examination centres in 30 regional centres.1,42,400 candidates will appear for the examination, he said.
- Devi Prasad elected as TNGOs' president
HYDERABAD: Devi Prasad was elected unanimously as the Telangana NGOs president. Ravinder Reddy was elected as general secretary.
- Narasimhan to continue as Governor for Two States
NEW DELHI: Following the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh State and creating a separate Telangana State that comes into existence on June 2, the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has accorded his approval for continuance of ESL Narasimhan as Governor for the two States. The Prime Minister's office has sent the file to the President of India for his approval. After receiving the President's approval, Narasimhan will continue as Governor for Telangana State and residuary Andhra Pradesh.
- Election process was delayed due to previous government's rule', says Ramakanth Reddy
HYDEABAD: The State Election Commissioner P Ramakanth Reddy speaking to media on Wednesday said that the process of conducting elections was delayed due to the previous government. He said that the re-polling at Bandapalli in Nizamabad district , Mylapuram MPTC will be held on May 18. He conveyed thanks to all those who worked for the conduct of the elections.
- Kacheguda – Tirupati double decker train flagged off
The SC railways on Wednesday flagged off a double decker train service between Kacheguda- Tirupati. The train left at 6.45am to Tirupati. The train will leave for Tirupati on every Wednesday and Saturday.
- Results of 10th class examinations will be declared tomorrow at 11:30 am. The exam results will be available online.
- State Election Commissioner P Ramakanth Reddy announced that elections for 7 MPTC will be held on May 18. Of the eight, re-polling will be held in 3 MPTCs and regular polling in the other five.