Andhra Pradesh News on March 30, 2014
March 30, 2014 - Hyderabad
Cheating case booked against Bishamaiah Goud
ALURU: Medpalli police have registered a cheating case against Aleru Congress MLA Bishamaiah Goud on directions from High Court. The court directed the police to register a case based on a petitioned filed by Motkuru Market Yard Chairman and Congress leader Poornachandra Rao. He alleged that the former MLA has occupied his lands by creating forged documents.
- Former MLA P Lakshma Reddy arrested for breaking EVMs
MACHERLA: On the directions of the Election Commission, Guntur former MLA Pinnelli Lakshmi Reddy was arrested following unauthorizedly entered a polling station and broke an EVM. The action came following the news was telecasted prominently by news channels.
- 'YSRCP will come out with flying colours in municipal elections', says Konathala Ramakrishna
HYDERABAD: YSRCP leader Konathala Ramakrishna said that the party will win the maximum number of seats in Municipal elections. He said that the party had not approached any court for postponement of the elections which the TDP floating rumours or has not asked anyone to file a cast with the party name.
- Re-polling will be held only in seven centres', says SEC Ramakanth Reddy
HYDERABAD: Speaking to media on Sunday, he said that the polling for municipal elections went on smoothly and the voters have participated enthusiastically. He said there may be seven polling centres may go for re-poll. Re-polling will be held on April 1 without causing any disturbances to the X class examinations.
- Court sent the accused in PGMET2014 sent to judicial remand
HYDERABAD: The accused in the Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test accused were produced before a magistrate and was ordered to 14 days judicial custody.
- Stable Government will boost development', says Venkaiah Naidu
HYDERABAD: Speaking at a programme organized for Vision for Better India by industrialists and intellectuals, BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said that due to existence of unstable government, the country could not achieve the development. A stable government can override the hurdles and take the country forward. A leader like Modi is the need of the hour to take the country forward.
- Extension of time for polling not possible', says Ramakanth Reddy.
HYDERABAD: State Election Commissioner Ramakanth Reddy said that polling in 146 municipalities and 10 Corporations are going on peacefully. 15.22 per cent of voters have exercised their franchise at 9 am. He said that extension of time for polling is not possible and only those who stay in the line upto 5pm will be allowed to exercise their franchise by issuing special slips.
- TRS chief asks TDP chief to spell his stand on Polavaram project
HYDERABAD: Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhara Rao on Saturday asked the TDP president Nara Chandrababu Naidu of his stand on Polavaram project and other issues. Announcing the party slogan 'new state and new leadership', he said that the suggestions of the Telangana people will be included in the party manifesto. He asked the leaders and people of the State to reject TDP as it is an Andhra Party. “What is Chandrababu Naidu’s stand on our demands like a change in the design of Polavaram project, scrapping of the Dummagudem tail pond project, distribution of government employees based on nativity etc,” asked Chandrasekhara Rao.
- AAP announces candidates for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
HYDERABAD: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has announced the list of nine candidates for Lok Sabha Elections. Retired IAF squadron leader Vara Prasad will contest from Guntur, Chaya Ratan for Secunderabad Repelle Srinivas for Nizamabad, Chennaiah for Bapatla, Chandana Chakrabarti for Malkajgiri.
HYDERABAD: Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP) twin cities and Family Benefit Society are jointly organizing continuing medical education 'PEDICON -2014 on March 30 at Ashoka Metropolitan Hall, Road No.1, Banjara Hills at 6pm.The CME programme will feature talk on ‘Stem Cell Therapy-Myth or Reality’, Indian perspective on Rota Virus Diarrhoea and private and public partnership in reducing Childhood and Infant Mortality Rate (IMR).
- to go to polls on its own', says TBJP unit president Kishan Reddy
HYDERABAD: Following failure of talks on seat sharing with Telugu Desam Party, Telangana Bharatiya Janata Party unit president G Kishan Reddy said that they will go to polls scheduled to be held on April 30. Kishan Reddy however said that a final call will be taken by party central leadership.
- Municipal polling began early in the day across the State.
- Police kept YSR MLA Gurunath Reddy and his brother Erriswamy Reddy under house arrest in Anantapur. Gurunath Reddy was alleged to have threatened the voters at a polling booth in 20th ward. Gurunath Reddy reportedly questioned the voters who stood in the lines if they are there to vote more than once. After an argument with the police, Gurunath Reddy was placed under house arrest.
- Two groups of voters clashed with each other at Erraguntla junction in Kadapa district.
- YSR Congress Party leader Prabhakar Reddy was arrested in Madakasira in Anantapur district. Prabhakar Reddy allegedly was helping voters reach voting booths in his personal vehicles.