Andhra Pradesh News on March 27, 2014
March 27, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu addressed a gathering at the 'Mahila Garjana' programme in Vijayawada. He promised a new scheme 'Pandanti Bidda' to save newborn child and mother if TDP comes to power.
- Jana Sena party chief Pawan Kalyan addressed a huge gathering at a public meeting in Visakhapatnam. The meeting was the first for Pawan Kalyan after he announced the formation of Jana Sena party. Pawan Kalyan has given his support to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. He told the large group of his fans and supporters that Modi is the first politician to question the bifurcation of the State. Saying that he would like to see Modi as the next Prime Minister of the country, Pawan Kalyan said that only Modi is capable of developing the country and providing jobs to the unemployed.
- The All India Congress Committee screening committee has finalized its nominees for all 42 Lok Sabha constituencies in Telangana and Seemandhra. The first list of candidates in Andhra and Telangana is likely to be announced tomorrow.
- BJP seeks fifty per cent share in Assembly and Lok Sabha seats
Bharatiya Janata Party Telangana president G Kishan Reddy in the proposed alliance with Telugu Desam Party (TDP) wanted fifty per cent seats in Assembly and Parliament.
- Rayapati family decides to join TDP
GUNTUR: Former Guntur MLC Dr. Rayapati Srinivas announced on Thursday that the family members of Guntur MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao are joining in Telugu Desam Party. Speaking to press at Gogineni Kanakayya guest house, he said that though the family worked for Congress for the last few days, they insulted them. He said that Rayapati family stood behind Congress even in the most difficult times for the Congress. He said that by denying the post of TTD Chairman, the Congress has insulted his brother. He said that they will be joining the TDP either on March 31 or on April 4.
- Congress bus yatra concludes
KURNOOL: The first phase of Seemandhra Congress bus yatra in all 13 districts on Thursday concluded. APCC president N Raghuveera Reddy said that the Congress party will announce the candidates list in the first week of April.
- Miss India Amit Motwani joins BJP
HYDERABAD: Miss India 2013 Amith Motwani on Thursday joined BJP in presence of Telangana Bharatiya Janata Party president G Kishan Reddy. She said that the developmental programmes of Narendra Modi have prompted her to join the party.
- Tollywood actor Shivaji joins BJP
HYDERABAD: Tollywood actor Shivaji on Thursday joins the BJP in presence of BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu in Hyderabad.seeks speedy decision in alliance
BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Thursday favoured a speedy decision in the BJP-TDP alliance so that they can start for campaign. He said that the alliance between the political parties should be rations and not giving and taking seats. He wanted it to be completed by March 31.
- Union Minister and Rajya Sabha member K Chiranjeevi said that the bus yatra in Seemandhra was organized to enthuse the morale of party workers. Addressing people in Anantapur, he criticized the leaders who left the party after enjoying positions while in Congress.
- Film actor Sivaji has joined Bharatiya Janata Party in presence of national leader M Venkaiah Naidu. Saying that he did not enter politics to gain power, Sivaji said he is indebted to Telugu speaking people for his recognition. He said that the nation needs a leader like Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister at this time.
- State Election Commissioner Bhanwarlal held a meeting with district collectors and SPs to discuss about the local elections. He reviewed the law and order and status of poll arrangements.
- Film actor Ram Charan Tej has celebrated his birthday amidst his fans at Chiranjeevi blood bank in Jubilee Hills today. A number of fans have donated blood on the occasion of their star's birthday. Ram Charan and his uncle Naga Babu will discuss about the future course of action with mega fans even as Pawan Kalyan is addressing a public meeting at Visakhapatnam today.
- DGP Prasada Rao and Chief of CID Krishna Prasad met Governor ESL Narasimhan today. Krishna Prasad will submit the report to Governor on the PGMET scam.
- Former Ministers Mandali Buddha Prasad and Pithani Satyanarayana to join TDP
VIJAYAWADA: Former Minister Mandali Buddha Prasad has finally made up his mind to join Telugu Desam Party He will formally join the party in presence of its president N Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday. Buddha Prasad, a two time MLA from Avanigadda has decided to switch over keeping in view of his son's political future. Another former Minister Pithani Satyanarayana who was associated with Jai Samaikyandhra Party too decided to switch over to TDP. He is currently representing Pendugonda Assembly of West Godavari.
- YSRCP chief makes a roadshow at Yellamanchili
VISAKHAPATAM: YSRCP chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy conducted road show and addressed public meeting at two towns on Wednesday at Narsipatnam and Yellamanchili. During the meeting he announced that the party's coordinator for Yellamanchili Assembly segment Pragada Nageswara Rao would be the candidate for the Assembly election.
- Jai Samaikyandhra Party chief to meet leaders of third alternative
HYDERBAD: Jai Samaikyandhra Party president N Kiran Kumar Reddy has decided to meet leaders of the third alternative. Kiran spoke to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and would be soon meeting the leaders to impress upon the need to carry out amendments to Article 3. He would meet AIADMK chief Jayalalitha, Trinamool Cognres president Mamata Banerjee, Samajwadi party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik soon.
- CPI (M) releases first list of candidates
HYDERABAD: Communist Party of India (M) Telangana committee released the first list of its candidates for the coming elections to Assembly and Lok Sabha. Party secretary T Veerabhadram said that the party has decided to field nominees in Khammam, Nalgonda and Bhongir Lok Sabha seats. Candidates have been announced for five Assembly constituencies. Ch. Seetharamulu would contest from Bhongir Lok Sabha, Nandyal Narsimha Reddy from Nalgonda, and Afroz Sameena from Khammam. The five candidates for the Assembly seats are S Rajaiah (Bhadrachalam), L Kamalraj (Madhira), P Sudarshan Rao (Palair), J Ranga Reddy (Miryalaguda) and P Yadaiah (Ibrahimpatnam).
- Election unanimous in 331 MPTCs
HYDERABAD: Nearly 5,000 candidates are in the fray for 1096 Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituency seats in the State after March 24, the last day for withdrawal of candidature. State Election Commission Secretary Naveen Mittal said on Wednesday that 5034 candidates for 10,963 ZPTCs and 52,568 candidates for 16,589 MPTC seats would contest the election to be held on April 6.
Unanimous: The Narasannapeta ZPTC seat in Srikakulam district and 331 MPTC seats in the State became unanimous while no nominations were filed in Kukkunr and Velerupadu mandals of Khammam district.
- Former ZP Chairperson Kantamma quits YSRCP
VISAKHAPATNAM: Former Chairperson of Visakhapatnam ZPP Vanjangi Kantamma resigned from YSRCP upset over not being considered for party ticket from Paderu Assembly segment. She announced her resignation at Paderu on Tuesday.
- Engineering colleges' bandh on Thursday
VIJAYAWADA: Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) has given a call for a bandh of all Engineering colleges in the eight district that fall under the purview of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University – Kakinada on Thursday. The call is given in protest against the university signing a pact with Hyderabad based company Globarena for valuation of answer sheets. The ABVP national executive member P Suresh said that the tie up with Globarena for conduct of examination and valuation of answer sheet and the agreement is against the guidelines and demanded scraping it.
- Seemandhra APSRTC employees to go on strike from April 9
HYDERABAD: APSRTC employees from Seemandhra have served strike notice on the management if the promises made during the strike by Seemandhra employees in August and September were not honoured. It is said that the corporation came with a proposal to recover the entire advance by adjusting it against salary payable for March following which the strike notice was served by a team of leaders. It was initially agreed between the employees and the management that the August 2013 salary would be paid in March 2014 and September 2013 would be paid in May 2014. It was also agreed that on the issue of the Rs.25,000 for permanent employees and RS.15,000 to those on contract paid as advance against salary during October 2013 would be recovered in 12 equal monthly instalments.
- Jana Sena Party's public meeting in Visakhapatnam will begin at 4 pm today. This is the first public meeting of the party after its chief and Tollywood actor Pawan Kalyan announced its formation in Hyderabad. Over 50,000 fans and supporters of Pawan Kalyan are expected to attend the meeting at Indira Priyadarshini stadium in Visakhapatnam. Pawan Kalyan will release the book 'ISM' which details the ideology of the party.
- The Seemandhra division APSRTC Employees Union has threatened of a strike from April 9 if the management doesn't fulfill their promises. Employees Union convener Palisetti Damodar Rao has met RTC MD J Purnachandra Rao and gave him a strike notice. Speaking to media, Damodar Rao said that RTC has made several promises when they called off the 60-day strike on 11 October 2013, but hasn't fulfilled them.