Andhra Pradesh News on March 23, 2014
March 23, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Customs officials seized gold bars worth over Rs.61 lakhs
VISAKHAPATNAM: The Customs officials at Visakhapatnam International Airport on Sunday seized gold bars worth over Rs.61 lakhs and arrested two persons for allegedly transporting them. Mir Abbas Mahdi and Abbas Razi were arrested after they landed at the airport from Dubai via Hyderabad.
- 'Free houses to Brahmins', says Chandrababu Naidu
As part of election assurance, TDP president Nara Chandrababu Naidu promised to give free houses to Brahmins and a fund with Rs.500 crore will be created in both the States for their welfare. He said that they would get salaries ranging from Rs.5,000 to Rs.10,000 to Brahmins.
Participating at a function organized by State Brahmin Sanghatan at Kalinga Bhavan in Hyderabad, they felicitated Chandrababu Naidu.
- CBI former Joint Director Lakshminarayna rejects political offer
Former CBI Joint Director Lakshminarayna has rejected the offer by BJP and AAP to join the political stream. Participating at a function by Lead Foundations Organization, he said that his life aim is to establish a 'Vidyanidhi'. He appealed all to cast their vote and though this only we can change administration.
- Cine actor and TDP leader Babu Mohan resigns
MEDAK: Telugu Desam Party leader Babu Mohan announced on Sunday in Medak that he had resigned the primary membership and posts of the TDP. He said a decision of joining in any party will be taken shortly.
- Candidates list will be in the first week of April', says Digvijay Singh
NEW DELHI: After a meeting with Telangana Congress leaders screening committee meeting, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh said that list of candidates will be announced on April 3 or 4. He said a Congress Central Election Committee will be meeting on March 26 in which discussions will be held on selection of candidates for Lok Sabha and Assembly.
- TRS polit bureau member Cheruku Sudhakar meets Chandrababu Naidu
Telangana Rashtra Samithi polit bureau member Cheruku Sudhakar on Sunday met TDP president Nara Chandrababu Naidu. He said that he met him in his personal capacity. He commended the efforts made by TDP towards BCs is commendable.
- Vijayawada East MLA Yellamanchili Ravi joins TDP
VIJAYAWADA: Vijayawada East MLA Yellamanchili Ravi on Sunday joined Telugu Desam Party in presence of party president Nara Chandrababu Naidu. Speaking on the occasion, Naidu said that TDP has got guts to rule the State at difficult times and added to reconstruct Seemandhra, there is a necessity of TDP to come into power. He wanted the people to elect in Municipal and ZPTC, MPTC elections.
- TDP to appoint separate committee for Telangana in a couple of days
HYDERABAD: Sources said that TDP will be forming a special committee for Telangana. Revula Chandrasekhara Reddy in all probabilities be appointed as campaign committee for Telangana. The other members of the steering committee for Telangana are chairman L Ramana, members-Motkuballi Narasimhulu, Revula Prakash Reddy, Tummala Nageswara Rao, Talasani Srinivas Yadav, Mandava Venkateswara Rao, Uma Madhava Reddy and Nama Nageswara Rao. Yerrabilli Dayakara Rao may be appointed as working president according to reliable sources.
- TRS has no role in Telangana State formation', says Nagam Janardhan Reddy
HDYERABAD: BJP leader Nagam Janardhan Reddy said that TRS had no role in the State Formation and as such questioned of its role in reconstruction of the State. He questioned the comments on the employees' options and distribution of assets.
- Jai Samaikyandhra chief says of united Andhra Pradesh .
Jai Samaikhyandhra's Party chief N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday expressed the hope of Telugu people will unite one day. "I hope the Telugu people will unite again one day," Reddy said even as he lashed out at political parties, which supported the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Speaking at aa 'meet-the-press' programme, he said that his party was launched to make Telugu people unite and fight for their honour'. Most of the political parties in the "third front" were opposed to bifurcation of a state without the Assembly concerned passing a resolution to this effect, Kiran said.
- The bus yatra organized by Seemandhra Congress has entered Eluru in West Godavari district. APCC chief N Raghuveera Reddy was part of the group of Congress leaders who are in the yatra.
- Congress leader and MLA JC Diwakar Reddy will join Telugu Desam Party at 6 pm today. Another Congress MLA Yalamanchili Ravi will also join the party. TDP leader Paritala Sunitha is opposing the induction of Diwakar Reddy into the party.
- Andhra Pradesh High Court chief justice Kalyan Jyothi Sen worshipped at Tirumala temple today. He offered prayers along with his family. TTD JEO Srinivas Raju welcomed the Chief Justice and made arrangements for the darshan.
- Smoke in a compartment of Tirupati-Hubli intercity express left passengers in a state of fear. The train was made to halt at Ontimitta in Kadapa district. Passengers rushed out of the train and ran for safety.
- Police seized Rs. 5 lakhs near Anakapalli in Visakhapatnam.