Andhra Pradesh News on March 19, 2014
March 19, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Former Chief Minister Rajasekhara Reddy reiterated commitment for separate Telangana State
Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh said on Wednesday that former Chief Minister Dr. YS Rajasekhara Reddy had reiterated his commitment for creation of separate Telangana State in Assembly on February 12, 2009. Jairam Ramesh said that he who floated a party with the name of his father has forgotten his commitment to it.
- MPTC posts auction
NIZAMABAD: The Morthad police on Wednesday produced in the Armoor court 22 persons involved in auctioning MPTC member posts in Torti and Shutpally villages on Tuesday night. The MPTC posts were auctioned under the supervision of village heads for Rs.7.20 lakh. Reports said that MPTC post was auctioned for Rs.15.41 lakh at Mendora village in Balkonda mandal on Wednesday.
- Vignan University inks MoU with US University
GUNTUR: Vignan University and University of Coloradao, USA have signed an MoU to work on an innovative science and education research programme. The MoU was signed by Srirama Krupanidhi of the Biotechnology Department of Vignan University and Professor Johan J Kineman of the University of Colorado on Wednesday.
- Congress MLA JC Diwakar Reddy to join TDP
ANANTHAPUR: Tadipatri MLA and Congress senior leader JC Diwakar Reddy announced on Wednesday that he will be joining TDP on March 23 along with his supporters. He said that TDP will come into power and the day is not too for Congress to bury, he said.Payakaropeta Congress MLA and former minister Thota Narasimham said that he will be joining TDP on March 21. He said that he is sailing in tune with the aspirations of the people. He will be prepared to contest form Kakinada or Jaggampeta constituency, if the party directs, said Thota Narasimham.
- 50 per cent reservations to BCs', says Chandrababu Naidu
HYDERABAD: Speaking at NTR Bhavan on Wednesday, TDP president Nara Chandrababu Naidu said that TDP will strive hard to bring 50 per cent reservations to Backward Classes and 33 per cent for women in future. He said BC sub-plan will be implemented, he said.
- Election Commission issues notification
Election Commission on Wednesday issued notification for the 4th and 5th phase elections scheduled to be held on April 12 and 17. The EC will conduct elections for 125 Lok Sabha constituencies in 16 States in two spells.
- APCC president appoints five official spokespersons
APCC president N Raghuveera Reddy on Wednesday appointed five official spokespersons, three general secretaries and a vice-president.They are Vatti Vasant Kumar –Vice-president, General secretaries – Umamalleswara Rao, NN Raja and Rama Devi and official spokes persons are Rudramraju Padma Raju, Ganga Bhavani, Venkat, Sambasiva Rao and Janga Gautam.
- Tadepalligudem Congress MLA Nani meets Naidu
TADEPALLIGUDEM: Tadepalligudem Congress MLA E Nani on Wednesday met TDP president Nara Chandrababu Naidu. Sources said that he will be joining the party.
- Telangana development would be possible with Chandrababu Naidu', says Talasani Srinivas
TDP leader Talasani Srinivas Yadav said that the TDP president Chandrababu Naidu had development the State. Speaking to media on Wednesday, he said if the welfare and progress of BCs and Minorities, he said that Chandrababu Naidu has to come back to power. He charged TRS chief for his changed stand to make a BC as Chief Minister.
- Police to pay a key role in common capital', says Anil Goswami
HDYERABAD: Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said that the police have to play a key role in the common capital. He wanted clarity should come in the police department before the appointed day. Speaking with the police top officials, he said Greyhounds and OCTOPUs will work under the supervision of the Centre. He is here on his two day visit to the State and also met the Governor and Chief Secretary.
- One language and two States', says Jairam Ramesh
MAHABUBNAGAR: Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh said that the Congress has carved separate Telangana State with one language and two States. He said that Congress has acted prudently in the division of the State and did justice both to Telangana and Seemandhra.
Jairam Ramesh announced of special package for a period of ten years for backward regions. As a part of it, Mahabubnagar district would get tax exemptions for a period ten years. He reminded of a statement way back in 2000 September 21 even before the birth of TRS.
- Cine actor Mohan Babu to divulge sensational facts
TIRUPATI: Cine actor and Rajya Sabha Member M Mohan Babu setting off to a new controversy said he would divulge sensational details soon of a political leader's dramatic ascent. Speaking of the meteoric rise of a Minister, the actor said that he would disclose the comparative details of the politician's assets before becoming an MLA and after becoming a Minister.
- >No dearth of loyal party workers', says PCC chief
HYDERABAD: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president N Raghuveera Reddy said that there is dire necessary to instil confidence among the party men. Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, he said that it is a fact that Congress leaders are defecting the party but there is no dearth of leaders', said Raghuveera Reddy. He appealed to the leaders who quit the party to reconsider their decision and return to the party fold.
- Delegation led by union home secretary Anil Goswami is meeting DGP Prasada Rao, Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary PK Mohanty, IAS and IPS officials. They will discuss common capital Hyderabad, law and order and the role of police after the bifurcation of the State.
- Supreme Court Justice NV Ramana along with his wife worshipped at Durgamma temple in Vijayawada.
- ISRO chairman Radha Krishnan prayed at Tirumala temple today.
- A delegation sent by Centre will tour in Krishna, Guntur and Godavari districts to estimate the damage caused to crops by the Helen and Leher cyclones that hit the state last year.
- Baba Fakruddin, who is contesting as an independent candidate, has been kidnapped in Hindupur of Anantapur district. Fakruddin's wife has lodged a complaint with the police that a YSRCP leader has kidnapped him.
- Unknown assailants have murdered Ajmatulla Khan (45) at Mekadoddi which falls under the limits of Kadapa II police station. DSP Rajeswar Reddy, CI Srinivasa Rao reached the spot and are investigating.
- Police have seized Ganja worth Rs. 60 lakhs at Rolugunta mandal in Visakhapatnam. The police took custody of one person while two fled away.