Andhra Pradesh News on March 18, 2014
March 18, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Doctors boycott medical services
ELURU: Government hospital doctors and para medical staff here on Tuesday boycotted medical services in protest against the former MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar who insulted doctors.
- Rajahmundry YSRCP mayor candidate changed
RAJAHMUNDRY: YSRCP has changed its Mayor candidate for Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation. Sharmila Reddy will replace Maheswari Reddy according to sources.
- PCC official representative Raghunandan Rao to join BJP
HYDERABAD: Pradesh Congress Committee official representative Raghunandan Rao resigned from Congress and sources said that he will be joining BJP.
- Former MLA Karri Seetharam to join YSRCP
VISAKHAPATNAM: Former Beemili MLA Karri Seetharam resigned Congress party from its primary membership. He announced that he will be joining YSRCP in presence of Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- Narsipatnam Congress MLA Mutyala Papa to join YSRCP
Rajahmundry: Narsipatnam Congress MLA Bolem Mutyala Papa met YSRCP chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and announced that she will be sailing with YSRCP.
- Ganta Srinivasa Rao's son shifted to Cherlapally Jain
HYDERABAD: Former Congress Minister and present Telugu Desam party leader Ganta Srinivasa Rao's son Ravi Teja along with his friend Indrajit was on Tuesday shifted to Cherlapally Central prison following the directions of the court. It may be recalled here that they created ruckus at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in a drunken state and was arrested, produced before the court.
- Congress district president attempts suicide
KHAMMAM: Ilundula district Congress party president Sri Devi attempted suicide following she was not given B form for contesting as counsellor in 14th ward. She was shifted to hospital.
- Srikalahasti Devasthanam specifies timeslots for darshan
SRIKALAHASTI: The Sri Kalahasti Devasthanam has specified time slots for the darshan of Lord Srikalahasteeswara and goddess Gnana Prasoonambika. The Executive Officers set a slot of 11:30 to 1:00pm for VIP visit and pay Rs.200. Ekanta Seva, free till date, will charge Rs.100 from April 1.
- YSRCP poses 15 questions to TDP chief
YSRCP official spokesperson Vasireddy Padma posted 15 straight questions to the TDP chief Naidu. She recalled that in 1998 BJP had published 100 crimes of Mr Naidu and filed a "charge sheet" in the people's court. "We are asking him to reveal details about his properties in Singapore and Malaysia. Chandrababu Naidu should be ready for a probe into his foreign trips from 1994 to 2014. His passports will reveal his visits.
- Those two leaders are responsible for division', says Sharmila
ATMAKUR (Potti Sriramulu Nellore dist.): Addressing the people on the election campaign, YSRCP leader Sharmila said that those two leaders i.e., former Chief Ministers Kiran Kumar Reddy and Nara Chandrababu Naidu are responsible for the division of Andhra Pradesh. She said that the prices of essentials have touched the sky and only the division was taken place basing on the letter of consent given by TDP president, she said.
- MP Modugula Venugopal Reddy joins TDP contests from Narasaraopet
At a time rumours are on in the air of possible entry of Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, Guntur MP joining Telugu Desam Party and possible fielding of him from Narasaraopet, Modugula Venugopal Reddy met TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu. Speaking to medial after the meeting, he said that he had requested Naidu to give an opportunity to contest form Narasaraopet MP seat and a clarity will come within two days, said Venugopal Reddy.
- Drugs seized at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
HYDERABAD: Officials at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport have taken into custody a woman attempting to transport 20 kgs narcotics from Hyderabad to Nigeria. She concealed the drugs in between the folders of shirts.
- Congress leadership in Seemandhra will participate in a bus yatra to boost the morale of party workers. The Congress party has seen several of its leaders leaving to other parties recently. Congress leadership including N Raghuveera Reddy, K Chiranjeevi will participate in the yatra that begins on March 21 and would conclude on March 27. It's start at Srikakulam on 21st.