Andhra Pradesh News on March 17, 2014
March 17, 2014 - Hyderabad
- 14 days judicial remand to Ganta Srinivasa Rao's son
A local court on Monday sentenced 14 days judicial remand to Ravi Teja son of former Minister and current TDP leader Ganta Srinivasa Rao. It may be recalled here that he along with his friend Indrajit in a toxic condition attacked the staff of a bar at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. They were shifted to Cherlapally Central prison.
- Congress leaders meet at the residence of Vatti Vasantha Kumar
Congress leaders on Monday met at the residence of former Minister Vatti Vasant Kumar. The leaders included APCC president N Raghuveera Reddy and Anam Ramanarayana Reddy and learnt to have discussed the tours in 13 districts along with publicity campaigns.
- Konda couple eyeing on TRS
Konda Surekha and her husband Konda Murali are eyeing on TRS according to sources. It is learnt that TRS has agreed to give ticket to Konda Surejha to Warangal East and MLC ticket to Murali.
- Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi plans Bus yatra
Union Minister for Tourism and Election Campaign chairman K Chiranjeevi plans to undertake a bus yatra from March 21 and he will explain the people the parties that are responsible for the division of the State. He said that they will protect Congress party and the bus yatra will begin from March 21 from Srikakulam, Viziangaram and on 22 in Visakhapatnam. He said that he will explain the people that Jagan asked the Centre to divide the Stated under article 3 while TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu has given a letter of consent for the division, said Chiranjeevi.
- We welcome Pawan if he extends support', says BJP
BJP senior leader Venkaiah Naidu said that 'We welcome Pawan Kalyan if he extends support to BJP. Venkaiah Naidu who is in tour in Krishna district said that BJP did nothing wrong in the division issue. He said that BJP wants division of the State but the process Congress has chosen is wrong path, said Venkaiah Naidu. BJP will give due priority to BCs in the party. Congress president is watching the show by creating disputes between Telugu people. 'We will give golden era to Seemandhra if voted to power', said Venkaiah Naidu.
- Congress ready to accept Kiran along other MP', says APCC president Raghuveera Reddy
Congress is ready accept all MPs along with former Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to the party fold', says PCC president N Raghuveera Reddy. Speaking to media on Monday, he said that Congress welcomes all those who left the party. Raghuveera added that the Congress went ahead with the division only after the consent of all parties. Kiran Reddy deceived Samaikyandhra movement, said Raghuveera Reddy. He asked all the district chiefs to submit list of probable who likely to make switch overs to other parties.
- We will not re-join Congress under any circumstances', says JSP chief Kiran
'We will not re-join with Congress under any circumstances', said Jai Samaikyandhra Party president N Kiran Kumar Reddy. After speaking with Samaikyandhra JAC, he said that he floated the party not with any political gains but to safe guard the self-respect of Telugu people. He reminded that BJP too said that the Bill is defective. Employees will face difficulties under Article 371D, said Kiran Kumar Reddy.
- Notification for 1089 ZPTC and 16589 MPTC seats statewide will be released today. The nominations process will begin as soon as the notification is released. Nominations will be accepted till March 22, while March 24 is the last date for withdrawal of nominations.
- MLC Tippeswamy will join Telugu Desam Party in presence of party chief Chandrababu Naidu. Tippeswamy belongs to Anantapur district.