Andhra Pradesh News on March 15, 2014
March 15, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Market yard vice-chairman Sai Eswarudu murdered
Nandikotkur(Kurnool): Nandikotkur market yard vice-chairman Sai Eswarudu was killed by some unidentified persons on Saturday. Police suspect the murder is the result of old rivalries.
- PIL filed against former Minister Sailajanath
HYDERABAD: A Public Interest Litigation writ petition was filed in the AP High Court on Friday challenging the State Government to release Rs.234 lakh to former minister S Sailajanath for treatment in US. The petition was filed by M. Venkoduth who contended that the social status of the Minister did not warrant such largesse from the State Government.
- Bhogapuram VRO in ACB net
VIZIANGARAM: ACB officials on Saturday arrested a Village Revenue Officer Ramakrishna of Bhogapuram while he was accepting a bribe of Rs.50,000 for issuing an adangal
- Cine actor Muralimohan welcomes Pawan Kalyan to TDP
Cine actor and TDP leader Murali Mohan on Saturday welcomed Jana Sena Party chief Pawan Kalyan to the TDP fold. He said that Pawan is a man of doing service not for posts and party needs such people.
- TRS chief K Chandrasekhar bargains for CM's post', says Digvijay Singh
Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhara Rao had sent feelers to the Congress high command of his desire to become the first Chief Minister of Telangana State if he were to merge the TRS with Congress, said AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh.
After a press meet in Hyderabad Digvijay Singh expressed this view. He said however, Chandrasekhara Rao had not broached the issue of this to the Congress high command directly.
- DRDA official held on rape charge
ELURU: The city police registered a case of rape against K Srinivasa Rao, Project Director, District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) following a complaint by a woman Self Help Group leader from Atlapadu under Nidadavolu mandal in West Godavari. He was reportedly taken into custody along with his peon for interrogation.
- MIM invites applications
HYDERABAD: The Majil-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen has invited applications for Assembly and Parliament seats in the forthcoming elections. Persons desirous of contesting on the MIM should submit their applications from March 15 to 18 at the party office in Darussalam between 10am to 2pm.
- Sub-treasury employee in ACB net
KAKINADA: The officials of ACB raided the sub-treasury office on Friday and caught senior assistant Challa Rao red-handed while he was accepting a bribe of Rs.3,000 from an employee on a tip-off.
- Sailaja Kiran selected for Best Industrialist Award
VIJAYAWADA: Andhra Pradesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry has selected the Margadarsi Managing Director Sailaja Kiran for the 'Best Industrialist Award'. The award will be presented to her on March 17 at a function.
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena Party gives four point agenda
Cine actor Pawan Kalyan who launched his own political party Jana Sena on Friday announced his four point agenda. Pawan said that the party will work for the arrest of black marketering in any shape, to see that women should be able to move with safe and security, Improvement of medical aid in government hospitals and law should be equal to all people irrespective of their status. Pawan said that Jana Sena Party (JSP) is ready to have alliance with any party except Congress and overall this is the gist of his two hour long speech.
- Division is part and parcel of secret pact between BJP and Congress', Sabbam Hari
Expelled Congress MP Sabbam Hari said that the division Bill in the Parliament is the result of secret pact between Congress and BJP. He charged that BJP acted in different ways in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. He demanded both the parties to make open of the pact. Sabbam Hari said that people are well aware who worked against the division of the State sincerely, acted and wanted the leaders not to deceive the people further. He said that the division will not go ahead without amendments to the article, said Sabbam Hari.
- Digvijay to meet with members of the Seemandhra Election Committee
AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh will meet the members of the Congress Election Committee from Seemandhra on Saturday. A meeting will take place with Seemandhra Congress Election Committee. On Thursday and Friday Digvijay had meeting with the leaders of Telangana Congress.
- Lok Satta Party chief Jayaprakash Narayan tour in Visakhapatnam
VISAKHAPATNAM: Lok Satta Party (LSP) national president Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan will be visiting Visakhapatnam on Saturday. He will be meeting with the students of Visakha Institute of Engineering and Technology at 10 am and at 5pm with the party leaders.
- Former Minister Ch.Syamala Rao dead
SRIKAKULAM: Former Minister Ch.Syamala Rao died after a brief illness. He is 78 and worked as Minister during the period of 1978-83.
- Newly appointed Seemandhra Pradesh Congress Committee chief N Raghuveera Reddy will formally take charge today. He will assume charge at 10 am at Indira Bhavan today. It is known that the Seemandhra Pradesh Congress Committee will be using Indira Bhavan from now on. Indira Bhavan is in the premises of Gandhi Bhavan.
- Congress general secretary and AP state affairs incharge Digvijay Singh will attend the election committee meeting of the party in Seemandhra. PCC president N Raghuveera Reddy has invited Seemandhra election campaign commitee chairman and Union Minister K Chiranjeevi, Vice Chairman Dokka Manikya Vara Prasad, Anam Ramnarayan Reddy and Panabaka Lakshmi to the meeting.
- Police have seized 2 crores worth cash was seized at Kukkaladhoddi in Railway Kodur of Kadapa district. The cash was illegally transported in a car.