Kotaiah Committee submits final report to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu-Speaks to press
July 21, 2014 - Hyderabad
The Kotaiah Committee on Monday submitted its report to the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu.
The Committee said at 184th SLBC meeting projected the total loans to Rs.1.02 lakh crore now brought the figure to Rs.72,000 crore and Rs.62,000 crore belongs to crop loans while Rs.12,000 crore belongs to DWACRA, Weavers loans. The Gold loans was projected at Rs.34,000 crore and crop loans to Rs.26,000 crore.
Sources said that the committee has recommended for waiver of Rs.1.50 lakhs of crop loans and Rs.50,000 gold loans. The committee recommended the sale of red sanders and issue the rest of the amount by means of bonds. However, it may be noted here that one loan a family can be implemented’, said sources.
It may be recalled here that the AP Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has constituted a committee to frame the modalities and guidelines on the very day of taking his oath as the first Chief Minister of the State. The Committee has been asked to submit report within 45 days from June 8, the day of forming the committee.
Chandrababu Naidu announces Cabinet decisions
AP Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu speaking to press on Monday announced the State Cabinet decisions. The State Cabinet meeting that lasted for four hours and the salient features are as under :
• Rs.1.50 loan waiver including of crop loan and gold loan
• Rs.1 lakh loan waiver for DWACRA women
• Rs.37,900 crores required for loan waiver scheme
• Committee to be appointed for getting funds to meet the needs of the scheme.
• All the loans availed before March 31, 2014 are eligible for loan waiver.
• Agreement reached with the Centre for continuous power supply in the State.
• Quality power with less expenditure
• LNG Terminal at Kakinada
• Government will get Rs.3,000 crores through LNG Terminal
• Chandrababu Naidu said that nativity depends on article 371D
• An all party delegation to go to New Delhi on EAMCET issue.
• Supply of 20 liters of drinking water at a cost of Rs.2 under NTR Sujala Sravanti Scheme.