Andhra Pradesh News on June 2, 2014
June 2, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Monday distributed portfolios among his 11-member Council of Ministers.
1. Nayani Narasimha Reddy was given Home Ministry, 2. T Harish Rao - Major Irrigation, Legislative Affairs; 3. K Tarakarama Rao - Information Technology and Panchayat Raj; 4. Etela Rajender - Finance and Civil Supplies; 5. Mohammad Mehmood Ali - Revenue; 6. Pocharam Srinivas Reddy - Agriculture; 7. T Padma Rao - Excise; 8. Jogu Ramanna - Forest and Envioronment; 9. T Rajaiah - Medical and Health; 10. Mahender Reddy - Transport and 11. G Jagishwar Reddy has been allotted the portfolio of Primary, Secondary and Higher Education.
- YSRCP chief meets Telangana ad-hoc committee
HYDERABD: YSRCP president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Monday met the Telangana ad hoc committee at the party central office. Speaking on the occasion, he wanted the leaders to strengthen the party in Telangana State. He wanted them to work for bringing the party into power in both the States. Earlier, he participated in the Telangana formation celebrations and hurled the National flag with party flag. He promised the people of the two States that the party will be at their beck and corner.
- 'Weekly off to police personnel', announces Telangana Chief Minister
HYDERABAD: Immediately after taking the reins of the Telangana State, the Chief Minister Chandrasekhara Rao announced weekly off to the police personnel along with medical allowances. He said that all the police system will be brought under one umbrella. He said that the government will be supportive to the police personnel and announced that State employees will get on par salaries with Central Government employees.
- YSRCP president Jagan Mohan Reddy congratulates KCR
YSRCP president Jagan Mohan Reddy on Monday congratulated K Chandrasekhara Rao on the eve of his oath taking as the first Chief Minster of Telangana State.
- CPI leaders meet Nara Chandrababu Naidu
HYDERABAD: The State CPI leaders K Narayana and Ramakrishna met the AP Chief Minister designate Chandrababu Naidu and discussed on the loan waiver among others. Chandrababu Naidu reportedly assured the CPI delegation on the same.
- YSRCP leader Nalla Surayaprakash asks Chandrababu Naidu to reconsider the appointment of JV Ramudu as DGP
YSRCPA SC cell president Nalla Surayaprakash on Monday asked the Chief Minister designate Nara Chandrababu Naidu to reconsider the appointment of JV Ramudu as the new DGP of the State. He questioned the rationale of the appointment as he belongs to the same caste of Chandrababu Naidu and wanted to know the reason for keeping away B Prasada Rao, the current DGP of untied Andhra Pradesh.
- President Rule in united Andhra Pradesh partially revoked
TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao took oath as the first Chief Minister of the 29th State of India, Telangana State and the President Rule that was imposed was revoked partially on Monday.
However, it will be continued in the residual Andhra Pradesh till June 8, the day on which the TDP president Nara Chandrababu Naidu will take oath as the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. It may be recalled that the President Rule was necessitated following the resignation of the last Chief Minister of the untied Andhra Pradesh N Kiran Kumar Reddy in protest against bifurcation of the State.
- DMK president greets TRS president
CHENNAI: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Sunday greeted the TRS president K Chandrasekhara Rao on the eve of taking the office of the Chief Minister of Telangana State. In a message, he said that 'I very heartily congratulate you on your winning majority in elections and assuming office as Chief Minister and your wise moves and hard work and sincere work have always kept you very near to the hearts of the people', he said.
- VIPs attend KCR oath taking ceremony
HYDERABAD: A galaxy of VIPs from Congress and BJP attended the oath taking function of KCR at Raj Bhavan. BJP leaders Bandaru Dattatreya, Kishan Reddy, Congress leaders Nadendla Manohar, Nadendla Bhaskar, Yadav Reddy, Asaduddin brothers, Kodandaram couple, former Mayor Majsid Hussain, CPI leader Narayana, Gutta Jwala, Telangana writers, poets, political analysts along with TRS MLAs and MPs.
- Telangana Ministers took oath office
TRS MLAs T Harish Rao, KT Rama Rao, Padma Rao, Jogu Ramanna, T Rajaiah, Etela Rajender, Pocharam Srinivas Reddy, Nayani Narasimha Reddy, Mohd.Ali, G Jagadiswhar Reddy, P Mahender Reddy along with the first Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao took oath on Monday.