Andhra Pradesh News on June 1, 2014
June 1, 2014 - Hyderabad
- Jaya Shankar plays a key role in Telangana formation
Jaya Shankar played a key role in Telangana Movement from the beginning and the goal and the dream was materialised by TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao. Prof.Jaya Shankar is behind in every victory of KCR . Jaya Shankar was born on August 6, 1931 at Akkmpeta villge in Warangal and his parents Lakshminarayana Rao and Mahalakshmi. He joined the Telangana movement at the age of 18 years. The credit of formation of Telangana goes to Jaya Shankar apart from others who laid their lives for the cause of T-Movement.
- BSP leaders Indra Kiran Reddy joins TRS
HYDERABAD: BSP leaders Indra Kiran Reddy and Koneru Koruppa on Sunday joined TRS. Indra KIran Reddy said that he will be joining to support for the new Telangana State.
- Injustice done to State in power allocation', says CM designate Chandrababu Naidu
TDP chief and AP Chief Minister designate Nara Chandrababu Naidu speaking to media on Saturday said that injustice was done to Seemandhra on the issue of power allocation. Governor ESL Narasimhan maintained that the Centre had allocated power to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh based on the actual requirement. Chandrababu Naidu said that more power was allocated to Telangana and requested the Centre to fill the gap on power allocation Seemandhra by supplying additional electricity from NTPC and the Centre had agreed positively, said Naidu.
- New Chief Secretaries and DGPs appointed to two States
HYDERABAD: The Centre has appointed Rajiv Sharma as the first Chief Secretary of Telangana State. He is currently working in Union Home Ministry while IYR Krishna Rao is the Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh. Krishna Rao will be taking charge from PK Mohanty on Sunday. The Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma has appointed as DGP for Telangana and JV Ramudu for Andhra Pradesh.
- Indefinite fast of Rajaiah foiled
KHAMMAM: The fast unto death undertaken by Bhadrachalam MLA S Rajaiah was foiled by Police. It may be recalled that the MLA undertook the fast in protest against the ordinance by the Union Government merging the submergible mandals in Andhra Pradesh.
- KCR will have 15 ministers cabinet
HYDERABAD: The Telangana chief minister designate K Chandrasekhara Rao will likely to have 15 member minister cabinet that will take oath on Monday and the list will be submitted to the Governor on Sunday night.
- Telugu Desam Party chief Chandrababu Naidu expressed condolences on the demise of JKC college correspondent Jagarlamudi Narendranath in Guntur. Narendranath is known for his social work.
- Rajiv Sharma has been appointed the first Chief Secretary of Telangana State.
- TRS party leaders have met at Narsingi in Hyderabad today. The meeting is attended by TRS chief and Chief Minister designate K Chandrasekhar Rao, Etela Rajender, Rajya Sabha member K Keshava Rao. Chief Secretary designate Rajiv Sharma, IPS officers Anurag Sharma, Mahender Reddy and Sivadhar Reddy also participated in the meeting.
- Bharatiya Janata Party leaders are celebrating Telangana formation day today and tomorrow. BJP will organize a meeting at RTC kalyan mandapam tomorrow evening.