Andhra Pradesh News on January 28, 2014
January 28, 2014 - Hyderabad
- 'It is too early to speculate on alliances', says BJP senior leader Venkaiah Naidu
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu speaking to press on Tuesday in Vijayawada said that it was too early to comment on the tie-up with other political parties and alliances. He refused to speculate on the possible alliance with Telugu Desam Party (TDP). On the AP State Reorganization Bill 2013, he said that there is a lot of time before it comes to Parliament. 'We will react when it comes to Parliament', he said. He is here to launch the 'Modi-for-PM' campaign in Andhra Pradesh from the PWD grounds in Vijayawada on Wednesday. he said that the 'vote and note' campaign is gaining a lot of support from people who are not BJP members and they are donating between Rs.10 and Rs1,000 at the meetings, said Venkaiah Naidu.
- Business Advisory Committee meeting
At a hurriedly convened meeting of the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) meeting on Tuesday, Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar turned down the request of the Telangana MLAs to reject the Chief Minister's resolution moved under Rule. 77.The Speaker clarified that the resolutions moved by the Chief Minister and Ministers would stand on a different footing and no period of notice was prescribed for them. He quoted the precedents in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar Assemblies. He clarified that there was no scope of voting seeking on clause-wise. He said there amendments numbering to 9,024 will be sent to the President en bloc with the Bill.
The TRS, BJP, MIM, CPI and MIM members along with the Telangana members of the congress and the TDP were firm that the debate should be concluded so that the Bill was returned in time.
- Nine NITT students suspended for a year on charges of ragging
Nine students of National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal were placed under suspension for a period of one year on the charge of ragging. According to NIT disciplinary committee, the nine students attacked some others as part of a ragging a week ago. The parents of the victimized students lodged a complaint with NIT director who constituted a committee with Registrar and four others. Based on a report from the committee, the accused students were placed under suspension.
- YSRCP plenary on February 1 and 2
The YSRCP has decided to hold a plenary at Idupulapaya in Kadapa on February 1 and 2. On February 1, the party organization poll process will start while the polls will be held on the next day. Nearly 9,000 party delegates will be present at Idupulapaya to participate in the organization polls that will elect the party functionaries including the president The nominations will be held for the post of the president will be held on the first day and voting, if necessary will be held on the second day according to senior leader Umareddy Venkateswraul who also the Returning Officer.
- TJAC to hold workshop in Delhi
Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) in an effort to garner support from national leaders has decided to organize a workshop at New Delhi on February 7. TJAC Chairman Prof.Kodandaram after a meeting of its steering committee said. A delegation would call on the national leaders of various parties to seek their support for the passage of Telangana Bill.
- Jet Airways announces launch of direct flights
Jet Airways announced that it will launch direct flight services from Bangalore and Hyderabad to Abu Dhabi from March 2. The Jet airways flight 9w550 will depart at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad at 8.25pm and reach Abu Dhabi at 11.10pm at local time. In return, the flight 9W 549 will depart at Abu Dhabi at 10.45am and arrive Hyderabad at 4.10pm. Jet Airways currently operates a daily flight each from Delhi, Kochi and Chennai and 11 flights a week from Mumbai to Abu Dhabi.
- New Delhi watching AP Assembly proceedings
Union Home Ministry is watching the daily proceedings of the AP State Assembly and getting information from the Assembly and Council secretaries. It is learnt that the AP State Reorganization Bill 2013 will come to Centre on January 30 and after sending to the President may place in Parliament either on February 11 and 12 as was planned earlier. In the event of the President extends time, the situation may likely be otherwise. It is learnt the Union Home Ministry is in touch with legal experts on the likely situation.
- All resolutions given by party gone through audit, says YSRCP deputy floor leader Shoba Nagireddy
Speaking to media after Business Advisory Meeting (BAC), deputy floor leader Shoba Nagireddy said that all resolutions given by the YSRCP have gone thorough audit. She said that this was stated to the Speaker. Any resolution taken up under Rule 77, the party no objection, she added. She alleged that main Opposition party leader Nara Chandrababu Naidu without attending the meeting sent party leaders of the two regions. They raised their own versions of their regions, she said. All parties in Telangana region are fighting for the cause cutting across party lines but the situation in Seemandhra is quite contrary, she said. The party demanded voting on the Bill and wanted the speaker to take up adjournment motions given under Rule 77 and 78, said Shoba Nagireddy.
- Chief Minister seeks another three weeks' time for a debate on the AP State Reorganization Bill 2013
The Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy in a letter to the President of India Pranab Mukherjee sought extension of three weeks' time. The MLAs of Telangana region are obstructing the proceedings of the Assembly resulting in waste of Assembly time, he alleged. The Chief Minister's letter was signed by some of the cabinet colleagues. Ministers Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, N Raghuveera Reddy, Sailajanath have appended their signatures.
It may be recalled here that the President of India has extended a week's time earlier on the request of the Chief Minister who requested a month's time.
- Electricity employees stage 'Maha Dharna' at Vidyut Sauda
Employees from Electricity Board from across the State on Tuesday staged a Maha dharna demanding wage revision and justified wages to contractual staff. AP Electrical employees JAC criticised the contractual appointments without filling up the vacancies. They demanded to make the contractual staff on permanent basis depending upon the seniority.
- 'Bhadrachalam belongs to Seemandhra', says Union Minister Kishore Chandra Deo
Union Minister for Girijan Welfare Kishore Chandra Deo said on Tuesday that Bhadrachalam belongs to Seemandhra. He opined that the move to reject the draft Telangana bill is not correct. He said that the bill referred to State was only a draft bill and amendments have to be incorporated in it, he said.
- Police arrests fake IAS recovered Rs.6 lakhs and a car
Hyderabad police on Tuesday arrested a fake IAS who collected Rs.6 lakhs and seized a car. It is alleged that one Venkatarami Reddy alias Venkata Rama Rao collected Rs 14 lakhs for VIP darshan of Lord Venkateswara Swamy in Tirumala. Police registered a case and being produced in the court.
- TRS candidate K Keshav Rao files nomination
TRS candidate K Keshav Rao on Tuesday filed his nomination for Rajya Sabha elections. CPI MLA Gunda Mallesh said that the party would extend support to Keshav Rao. TRS MLA Eetela Rajender expressed confidence that supporters of Telangana State would extend support the candidature of TRS.
- TDP candidates file nomination for Rajya Sabha
Garikapati Rammohan Rao and Thota Sitaram Lakshmi on Tuesday filed nomination for Rajya Sabha elections. Earlier they paid tributes at NTR ghat.
- MLA Adala Prabahakara Reddy announces to contest in RS elections as independent
MLA Adala Prabahakara Reddy speaking to press at his residence in Hyderabad on Tuesday said that he is in the fray for Rajya Sabha Elections. He said that he will be filing his nomination at 1pm. He said he along with Chaitanya Raju and JC Diwakar Reddy but only two of them will be in the fray finally, he said. He appealed to all the internationalists should support their candidates.
- YSRCP plenary will be held on February 2 at Idupulapaya in YSRCP Kadapa district. Elections will be held on February 1 said Umareddy Venkateswarulu, Election convener.
- YSRCP MLAs stages dharna in front of the chambers of the Speaker demanding to take into confidence of the notice they served.
- Rajya Sabha polls: A total of 8 nominations were filed for 6 Rajya Sabha seats. Congress 3, TDP 2, TRS 1 and independents two. Scrutiny will take place on Wednesday.
- Chaitanya Raju who filed nomination as Independent candidate for Rajya Sabha said that he will be out from the Contest if any assurance is given that the State will be kept united.
- Hyderabad Water Board employees served strike notice on Tuesday that they will be going on strike from Wednesday. They alleged that the management is making the contractual staff as permanent employees of the Board.
- T Subbarami Reddy, MA Khan and KVP Ramachandra Rao on Tuesday filed nominations for Rajya Sabha as Congress candidates.>
- Dasara Narayana Rao released the audio of 'Pleasant Love' movie on Tuesday in Hyderabad. Movie actor Adi participated in the function.
- Delhi High Court on Tuesday served a notice to Delhi Law Minster Somnath Bharti in the back drop of the BJP that filed a petition stating that the election is not valid.
- Rajya Sabha elections: Chaitanya Raju on Tuesday filed his nomination as independent for Rajya Sabha. Sources said that Tadipatri MLA JC Diwakar Reddy has withdrawn from the fray.
- AP State Legislative Assembly on Tuesday adjourned by an hour following protests for and against by the members of Seemandhra and Telangana regions on the Chief Minister's move to pass resolution on the AP State Reorganization Bill 2013. The Speaker rejected to adjournment motions given by the parties. Telangana MLAs cutting across party lines raised slogans 'Chief Minister Down Down'.
- AP Legislative Council adjourned by an hour following disruptions by the slogans of Seemandhra and Telangana region members. The appeals of Chairman Chakrapani went invain.
- Former minister and Tadipatri MLA Congress rebel candidate JC Diwakar Reddy will file his nomination to Rajya Sabha as an Independent candidate at 11am to Assembly Speaker.
- Director, Beeram Mastana Rao (69) died in Chennai. It may be recalled here that he directed 'Burripalem Bullod', 'Viplava Sankam', 'Gayyali Gangamma' movies.
- AICC Mukhul Wasnik speaking to press in New Delhi said that there will not be any disciplinary action on the Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy in response to the question of moving rejection notice served in the Assembly.
- State Minister Ponnala Laxmaiah on Tuesday termed the decision to move 'reject bill' as unilateral decision. He said that the Chief Minister did not consulted the cabinet colleagues' before moving such a move and wanted the chief Minister to withdraw immediately.
- Speaking at the Assembly media point on Tuesday, TDP MLA Dhulipala Narendra said that it is the responsibility of the Speaker to safeguard the rights of the members. He said that members' opinion can be known through voting, he added.